A02V4.jpg

A02V5.jpg

A02V6.jpg

A02V7.jpg

A02V8.jpg

A02V9.jpg

A02V10.jpg

Thanks for the C&P.

I have 25+ of these A02 laying around and will use them. What do you think about it? Also, anyway one can find date/year code from them?

thumbsup2.gif

You are welcome.

I think they are fine filters and would have no issue using them if I had 25+ of them. I particularly like the “p” gasket, the blue paint and the lack of that abomination of sure grip.

The A73481 is the date code. 2017, 348th day. (December 14, 2017)

What's wrong with the sure grip???

Does this cross with the Fram 7317??

Thank you for your work and pictures Robert. You add a lot of good information to this site.

Originally Posted By: Richie
Looks like a decent filter

Definitely nothing wrong with them, save perhaps the price depending on how you buy them.

Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
I don't see honeywell anywhere, but I can look closely. It should not be from 2006, hopefully! Lol

It is pretty obvious, also IIRC the older ones have an Honda H on top of the can. Guess they were working on Sat in 2016, maybe they always do?

Originally Posted By: bbhero
What's wrong with the sure grip???

I just never have liked it, in the case of this application it prevents an Honda OE cup wrench from fitting the filter

Does this cross with the Fram 7317??

Yes

Thank you for your work and pictures Robert. You add a lot of good information to this site.

You are welcome and thank you!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
When I buy them at the Honda dealer they're around $3-$4 a piece.

Your dealer is definitely not a stealer
smile.gif

Because locally they ask an arm or a leg for these filters.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
So is this the Tough Guard media (99%) or the Extra Guard media (95%)?

Yes, and yes. Go to Fram's website and you'll see.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
So is this the Tough Guard media (99%) or the Extra Guard media (95%)?

Apparently neither according to Jay at Fram. The A02 filter is in the 50-60% efficient at 20um range compared to the PH7317 that is 95% @ 20um and TG7317 that is 99% @ 20um.

So this filter, what looks to be a fram e.g./tg clone, is recommended to be changed every other oil change by Honda? Meaning it would likely see more than 12k miles if going by the MM? Why is everyone afraid to use the e.g./tg more than 10k with the same cardboard end cap designs?

The Honda filter is less efficient than the EG or TG, probably so to be able to be ran 2 OCIs without loading up so fast.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
The Honda filter is less efficient than the EG or TG, probably so to be able to be ran 2 OCIs without loading up so fast.

What about the cardboard encaps everyone gets their jimmys rustled with?

Originally Posted By: jj51702

What about the cardboard encaps everyone gets their jimmys rustled with?

Some people cringe about the non-metal end caps, and some don't. From an engineering point of view they work and they don't fail, and the bond between the pleats and end cap is very sealed and strong. So if it works well does that sill mean they have to be metal to be good? Lots of filters these days don't use metal end caps ... some don't even have end caps, but instead glue every single pleat end together to seal them.

... Lots of filters these days don't use metal end caps ... some don't even have end caps, but instead glue every single pleat end together to seal them.
True, and those are very unlikely to rip at the end of a pleat the way filters with end steel or plastic caps can, because there's less stress on the media. Good design!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back