Valvoline's "Anti-Glug" Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
tipping the jug sideways works for me.
Have a dedicated funnel that has the small spout
(the part that goes into the oil fill hole)
trimmed so it doesn't tip.

Quart bottles don't 'glug' if poured sideways or with
spout on the top.

My 2¢

I put the dipstick in the oil fill port and use that as a pouring guide. Sometimes it works.

Have to be quick before the fates and furies blow up a howling gale though.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
I bought one of those giant size funnels for tipping the entire jug into it. I’ll take pic next time I use it.

SF

I think I also have the Helen Keller signature model.

SF

I will continue to use Valvoline even without the new container. I did see the new containers at my local WAlly World this past weekend.

BITOG is so funny. A couple of years ago I posted an article on bottle design and the consensus at the time was it would be nice if someone invented a jug that didn't glug - now someone has done it and everyone just says pour out the opposite way - which won't work with these bottles.

They could have easily swapped the handle so the spout would be at the top - but instead they have the special vent that will only work if you pour holding the handle. I wonder if they will translate this to the 1L bottles.

There is a lot more to this design than just the anti-glugging feature. The handle placement, the strategic placement of grip surfaces to help the person handle the jug and pour, and the visible security foul seal. In this case Valvoline didn’t put out a new jug for looks, they did it with user experience in mind.

Of course what is inside matters the most and Valvoline does not disappoint in that regard.

Sometimes I transfer the excess 1/2 qt. from a jug to an old quart bottle I have laying around, I'm guessing this will make that easier...

Did they keep their amazing seal imprinted with the Valvoline logo?

Easily removable and always in 1 piece

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
I bought one of those giant size funnels for tipping the entire jug into it. I’ll take pic next time I use it.

SF

Here it is: The Helen Keller special. Hard to miss. ( no disrespect meant).

Last edited:
That's what I called my oil funnel
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back