Short Edit Timeout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reason why the edit timeout is still so short on BITOG...

I dont really see any reason why an hour or more would hurt anything?

Originally Posted By: Rand

The premise behind short edit timeout is to just give you enough time to immediately go back and fix your spelling/grammar mistakes.

If you make it available longer, people could go back and completely rewrite their responses, even after others have already responded based on your initial reply.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

The premise behind short edit timeout is to just give you enough time to immediately go back and fix your spelling/grammar mistakes.

If you make it available longer, people could go back and completely rewrite their responses, even after others have already responded based on your initial reply.

Boy that's a problem that would end the world as we know it!

The short edit thing needs to go. Its quite annoying. Its a FAR larger problem than the possibility that someone could come along and "edit" their post, changing the entire thread. Its one of the most annoying aspects of this board. Im on a lot of other boards that dont have this "feature" and there are NO problems due to not having this "feature".

I think its much better to add additional info to the original post (or higher up in the thread), then having to add an addendum to the bottom of the thread (the only way available now). People have to read through an entire thread to get to the needed info, when I could have just edited the original post.

Honestly, I wish 1000% that this board would do away with this unneeded "feature".

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to edit an original post with something like this:

****Thanks for all those that chimed in. I was able to fix the problem. It was the spark plugs, as recommedded by bubbatime. Installed new spark plugs, and my car is now fixed. Thanks all.****

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

I understand that but I feel with post quoting its not a major issue.. compared to the edit issue.
I think there is a happy medium.. maybe a couple hours vs the 15min? it is now.
at least if it was an hour sometimes I'll think of something I'd like to add to the post after 15min.. and have to put another post in.

Also they could remove the "mark as edited button" and make it always show when it was last edited.

Last edited:
Another vote here for adequate edit time. I don't spot all my horrible typos until after it posts, then there's often effectively no opportunity.

I think there is a happy medium.. maybe a couple hours vs the 15min? it is now.
I don't disagree.

I was just relaying what the mods stated in the past.

All,

We increased the edit time from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: wwillson
All,

We increased the edit time from 15 minutes to 30 minutes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Wayne

Thank you that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back