1990 BMW 325IS 2500 miles 3.5 yrs VR-1 20W50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did this UOA for fun. Car above has been in inside climate controlled storage for the last 3 years. Oil was last changed 6/12/14 and oil has 2500 miles on it. Car is started at least once a month and allowed to come up to temp. Oil is Valvoline VR-1 20W50 racing with a Mahn filter. I didn"t change it yet as I am going to put it back on the road this spring after a mini restoration of interior and paint. I've owned the car since October of 1993, 2nd owner and in the first 7 years I did a lot of BMWCCA driver schools, and its always been on VR-1 oil except for one change with Rotella 15W40.

Last edited:
The E30 325is is a sweetheart; several contemporary road tests preferred the 325is over the M3.

Ahh, the hotrod M 20. The 528e with a de-tuned M 20 was more agile than the heavier 535i with the 3.4L M30. Never had an 325 is, but they must be a hoot in the twisties. PUL-LEEZ, don't ignore the timing belt in your refresh !
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
Ahh, the hotrod M 20. The 528e with a de-tuned M 20 was more agile than the heavier 535i with the 3.4L M30. Never had an 325 is, but they must be a hoot in the twisties. PUL-LEEZ, don't ignore the timing belt in your refresh !
grin2.gif

I have always done the timing belt on time instead of miles since it does not see enough miles in a 5 year period. Good advise though. Even after 24 years of ownership I still enjoy driving it. No cup holders, nothing fancy just a honest driver that is still satisfying and rewarding.

Originally Posted By: Scramblerguy
Even after 24 years of ownership I still enjoy driving it. No cup holders, nothing fancy just a honest driver that is still satisfying and rewarding.

That's exactly the way I feel about my Club Sport(although it does have cup holders).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back