Ever pay a ridiculous amount for event tickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be a play, concert, championship game etc...

I have never done so. I I want to go I get cheap seats!

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Are you a research analyst?

No. Do you have an answer?

The most I can remember paying is about $200/ticket for baseball.
Paid about that for 4 Bosox tix as a present for my daughter's last birthday, of course all of her closest friends ended up being busy but she found 2 good friends to join us (wife wasn't interested). It was a nice setup, we were on the same level as the luxury boxes but not as close to home plate and had special access to a nice restaurant/bar. The seats are far less cramped than in the lower parts of the park and I think the were even padded. Ended up having two rain delays and the temp dropped a LOT during the game, my daughter and I had left our coats in the car because it was sort of sweltering when we got there and I ended up dropping close to $100 on a hoodie to keep her warm (her friends were smarter and wore their hoodies). Left close to midnight and I think the game was only in the 6th, the kids had seen enough and I had work the next day.
Counting food for the gang and parking (reserved a spot in a nearby lot with ParkWhiz), I must have dropped about $1k overall. It was a fun night, even with the rain, and one of the kids sent a nice thank you card saying it was her first trip to Fenway and she loved the whole experience.
Must have paid a similar amount per ticket last time we went to Wrigley, pretty sure we got first row upper deck box seats and the view was fantastic...took the wife, daughter, and sister. Had to go StubHub for that one, which kicked the price up.

We always do the discount day of tickets when we go to Broadway and haven't been disappointed yet! I really don't care exactly which show we see, they're all good.

About a year ago I paid like $10 a ticket to see Rogue One. Good show, but I couldn't pause when I needed to use the restroom! and the screen had a wave to it that distorted my view.

Never again.

A few years ago I paid twice the face value for a set of tickets to a concert. I ordered the tickets six months in advance when it was nearly sold out. Unbeknownst to me, it was from an outfit that buys big blocks of tickets, then resells them at crazy prices. Almost half the ticket value was listed as a "convenience fee." The kicker was that a few weeks before the concert, tickets were available for much cheaper.

These organized online scalpers are leaving a bad taste in my mouth for even considering going to concerts anymore.

Just after university in 2000 we were travelling around Europe and went to see qualifying for the German GP. This was the start of the Schumacher and Ferrari era so even admission for a grass area for the Saturday was something like $150. Worth every penny though, and I think that's still the most I've spent on a sporting event ticket for a single day.
We went to the Montreal GP for the weekend a few years later and I think it was $150 for actual cheap seats, but that was for 3 days.
Sometime I'll take my kids to a Leafs game and it will near $1k for the 3 of us for a decent team and seats.
Practically speaking though, sometimes the lower level teams put on a better show(college football, basketball). We went to see our Ontario Hockey League team for $60 for all 3 tickets and saw a near perfect game. 11 goals, hits, a fight, 2 massive swings in score and momentum, and then our team got the winning goal in the last minute!

I think a guy at work paid over 100 bucks for tix to see the new trans Siberian orchestra.

Blecch.

Almost as bad a Yanni
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Define "ridiculous".

Anything over $50. The cheapest SB ticket will be $4011 they announced on fake News last night.

Define "ridiculous".

That would be hard to define as income levels vary and wants vary greatly.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Define "ridiculous".

That would be hard to define as income levels vary and wants vary greatly.

I probably paid $200+ per ticket to some Vegas show. It was a while back, so I don't exactly remember.

My idea of "ridiculous" would be upwards of $1,000.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Define "ridiculous".

Anything over $50. The cheapest SB ticket will be $4011 they announced on fake News last night.

Since it was "fake News", the actual prices probably start at $5.
I would pay up to $11/ticket, but my friend from St. Paul told me that the Nords are going to roam the streets of Minne with axes and go berserk on losers visiting from NE (this is "real News").

I probably paid $200+ per ticket to some Vegas show. It was a while back, so I don't exactly remember.

My idea of "ridiculous" would be upwards of $1,000.

200 + to me is ridiculous. I don't care to see something that bad. I wouldn't pay $ 100 to see my favorite band. No different than Paying 50.00 for a steak dinner to me is ridiculous no matter how good it tastes.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
This could be a play, concert, championship game etc...

I have never done so. I I want to go I get cheap seats!

Are you married?

When married, you get used to paying ridiculous amounts of money for stuff. When you have kids, you get numb to paying ridiculous amounts for everything....

Im sure Ive paid ridiculous amount of money for many things including tickets to event. But Im so used to it, I put my mind into shut down mode when its time to see the bill or price.

2009 I bought the kids meet and greet ticked to see KISS. Waching KISS band members with the group was interesting how good they worked the room and were actually sincerely nice to their fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back