Who Here Has Purchased Online From Bud's Gun Shop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking over their website, and they really have a good stock of guns. Many the others like Davidson's have, "Allocated", Bud's has in stock and ready to go. They don't have Davidson's Lifetime Free Replacement Warranty however. I checked and my local dealer is listed as having their FFL on file with them. As near as I can determine, it's pretty much "click and buy", much the same as Davidson's is.

I was just wondering how fast their shipping is once you place your order? Are they prompt, or are they, "when we get around to it", like Palmetto. They have 2 prices. One is cash, and of course is lower. (Usually by about $40.00 or so on a $1K gun). They require a Money Order or Cashiers Check if you want the cash price. I'm sure a personal check would hold up shipping until it cleared, which could be a week or more. I don't think I would be comfortable paying 100% cash up front. Unless I had success with dealing with them over a few purchases. If anyone has purchased from them, I'd like to hear how it went, what you bought, and if you were satisfied?

I have, though it was some years ago. The transaction went fine.

If I remember right it took about 3 days to ship and was shipped to my FFL USPS Priority so it arrived there quickly.

I’d use them again if my local guy could not get it.

I have purchased a used Beretta 303 from them about 7 years ago. The process was fine, I can't remember the number of days it took to ship to my FFL.

That being said, I just bought a Browning Maxus this fall from Grabagun.com That was an excellent transaction, and they seem to beat Buds in a fair number of cases. They also don't upcharge for card purchases..

Buds is okay, a bit slow to ship. Grabagun is another one that always seems well stocked and is priced like Buds. Usually they ship faster than Buds.

I just purchased one from them a couple months ago. I had no issues, maybe except that it could have shipped out a day earlier. They were quick to add my FFLs information which was good. I wouldn't pay cash, the 3% is worth it to have the credit card protections, especially if you have price protection and find it cheaper elsewhere like I did. Besides, most cards have 1% cash back now anyway making the difference only 2%.

I have heard some negative things about them when it comes to ordering guns that had to go an FFL. However, I have ordered gun parts from them numerous times and never had an issue. The shipping was of average time. I have found Buds to be the cheapest for the stuff I have been looking for.

I have done many but have stopped since my last one.
They did a bait and switch,

I ordered a savage dual port target rifle and they sent me a left port, great, the guy on the phone was rude and they dinged me for shipping,

Since then I pay with credit card for ALL guns purchases and avoid any seller who charges more for credit card, in this day and age when guns are heavily discounted, I would not buy for buds

Never bought from Bud's but have used their pricing as a benchmark. I have purchased several guns from Davidson via Galleryofguns.com. My first order was in a local gunshop that's affiliated with them the next day. My second order was there on the second day after ordering. Fortunately for me the two cheapest gunstores affilliated with Davidsons, based on distance, are my two closest. And they beat the other suggested Davidson's affiliated gunstores by a wide margin. I like the fact that the full price, including their FFL charge/Fee ($9.99), is spelled out clearly before pick-up.

Last edited:
They are generally OK. They did screw a lot of people out of guns during the gun panic. People that put guns on layaway, found out months later, after paying their gun off, that Buds had sold the gun (at the new inflated price) to new buyers, instead of honoring their layaway deal with folks. They just told people, "Sorry, that gun is out of stock. We will refund you your money." Bad business practice if you ask me.

both buds and ky gun co have been excellent for firearms as recently as 6 months ago, as has sportsmens guide for ammo last month. i highly recommend.

Bought one last year didn’t have any problems showed up at ffl on the third day after ordering online with credit card. Remember if you pay cash you lose some of the purchase protection benefits your credit card may have if any problems come up, plus my credit card cash back pretty much made up for the cash discount. Also ordered other accessories a few times in the past no issues.

Originally Posted By: wkcars
Bought one last year didn’t have any problems showed up at ffl on the third day after ordering online with credit card. Remember if you pay cash you lose some of the purchase protection benefits your credit card may have if any problems come up, plus my credit card cash back pretty much made up for the cash discount. Also ordered other accessories a few times in the past no issues.

I agree. If I go with Buds in the future I would pay with a credit card, plus I would opt for the Lifetime Warranty. Both would cost around $50.00 or $60.00 additional. Money well spent if anything should go south with either the gun or the transaction.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: wkcars

I agree. If I go with Buds in the future I would pay with a credit card, plus I would opt for the Lifetime Warranty. Both would cost around $50.00 or $60.00 additional. Money well spent if anything should go south with either the gun or the transaction.

I would disagree with the Lifetime Warranty unless it is an obscure brand. Most of the major brands have a lifetime warranty anyway, so either way you have to ship the gun off.

I have not bought from Bud's... their website gives me a headache. The design of it is awkward to me.

I have bought online from a smaller KY dealer over in Frankfort, Gilbert's Gun Shop. They shipped out quickly and I've been pleased with them.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
They are generally OK. They did screw a lot of people out of guns during the gun panic. People that put guns on layaway, found out months later, after paying their gun off, that Buds had sold the gun (at the new inflated price) to new buyers, instead of honoring their layaway deal with folks. They just told people, "Sorry, that gun is out of stock. We will refund you your money." Bad business practice if you ask me.

This! I crossed them off my list of acceptable sellers after that incident. It wasn't just people who had them on layaway, either. People who ordered them just before the 'panic' and had completed CC transactions were also refunded, only to find a week later, Bud's is auctioning off their firearm on Gunbroker at a premium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back