Have you used WD-40 as engine oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: Linctex
This guy does the stupidest stuff!

Fixed that for ya.

Sure.. this video has been up for 3 days, and he's had 146,000 views so far. At this rate, he'll easily hit 300,000 views. What kind of monetization do you think that's going to get him? Definitely enough to cover a beat up used lawn mower.

I call that SMART.

I always wondered how much money some of these Youtube videos generated? Can they be that lucrative?

Fixed that for ya.

Sure.. this video has been up for 3 days, and he's had 146,000 views so far. At this rate, he'll easily hit 300,000 views. What kind of monetization do you think that's going to get him? Definitely enough to cover a beat up used lawn mower.

I call that SMART.

Good point. But then stupidity has always been popular.

I could have said "This guy does, or is, the mechanical equivalent of a kid pulling the wings off flies and calling it a science experiment, which has massive appeal for an audience that likes to watch the mechanical equivalent of a kid pulling the wings off flies and calling it a science experiment, and he probably makes a lot of money at it, so hes probably not going to stop, but at least if I don't watch him I can tell myself he isn't making any money off me, kinda things."

Fixed that for ya.

But its a bit long.

Last edited:
Is this the same guy that tried cylinder heads made from wood and perspex?.
I imagine it appeals to you-tube browsers who like watching engines explode on a dyno, heavy machinery tipping over and other fails.

Claud.

Originally Posted By: irv

Fixed that for ya.

I call that SMART.

I always wondered how much money some of these Youtube videos generated? Can they be that lucrative?

Well, as I understand it, monetization can very depending on number of views, content, ad placement and type, etc... but if what I've read elsewhere is true, 3,000,000 views approximates to about $9,000 in revenue, so if the scale is linear, then 300,000 views would work out to around $900 in revenue. Not amazing, but certainly well worth the cost of making the video.

... also, if you're asking if YouTube videos can be that lucrative, keep in mind, that as of October, 2015:

Yup - that GIANT idiot PewDiePie made $12MILLION in 2015 from YouTube videos, and thus made more in 2015 than multiple A-list actress.

...just mull that over for a moment.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Lubener
I have heard WD 40 was good for arthritus relief.

Are you trying to get this thread locked ?
j/k

It's the new 0.1W-2 oil that's due to come out in 2025.

The crankcase should be real clean after a WD-40 running flush ... unless there's chunks of metal all over the place after the run.
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back