Stuff floating in oil additive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just did an oil change on my car. I went ahead and went out of my way to get Subaru oil and filter and decided to use LC20 for the first time after hearing so much about it on this form and others. So long story short when I was adding the Lc20 to my car I noticed there were particulates floating in it (some good size) and I ended up finding out that they were in the unopened bottle of LC20. After talking to the people at Lube Control they told me that this happens every so often and the particulates are from the inside of the barrel (rust chunks I'm assuming) but they normally catch it and filter them out. They offered to replace my bottle or refund me but honestly I'm not too happy about the situation. So my question is should I just keep running this oil and accept it for what it is?

why do people still put additives in their oil, i don't get it. drain that and use whatever quality oil and filter (oem or not) and be happy.

Originally Posted By: dogememe
why do people still put additives in their oil, i don't get it. drain that and use whatever quality oil and filter (oem or not) and be happy.

X2

Probably time for a engine flush from Liquimoly,Motul or Amsoil. If you get to where you go back to it,use a paint strainer to catch all the LC rust particles. Save bottle,might be fun to do a Voa on this stuff maybe. Hope your car is okay too.
thumbsup2.gif

Man this blows now I'm going to be out time and money to change and possibly flush this good oil out.... to answer the question as to why I decide to add the LC to my oil, for one I've been getting a little bit of a knock on cold start (also why I've been playing with different brands of oil/filter) for two I've heard such good things about it I wanted to see if I can get any results from it myself.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Joenpb

X2

X3

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Dump it before that car bursts into flames!

Wow I didn't know it was that serious... How long do you think I have before eruption/combustion?? I'd like to know ASAP so that way if I don't have enough time to get to the oil change I can at least have one last Joyride before she blows.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
Originally Posted By: Joenpb

X2

X3

not everyone has the luxury of purchasing a perfectly maintained or new vehicle.

Vehicles with high mileage or maintained with a < BITOG regimen might benefit from a variety of additives..

Originally Posted By: 351mustang65
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Dump it before that car bursts into flames!

Wow I didn't know it was that serious... How long do you think I have before eruption/combustion?? I'd like to know ASAP so that way if I don't have enough time to get to the oil change I can at least have one last Joyride before she blows.

I haven't been following this post its likely to late now!

Last edited:
I believe Molakule gives this product his seal of approval for engines that need it. One of these days I will acquire a gallon of LC20

Originally Posted By: MrQuackers
I believe Molakule gives this product his seal of approval for engines that need it. One of these days I will acquire a gallon of LC20

If you do make sure you check it before you use it. Like said above you don't want the chunky version so make sure you request no pulp.

I've seen oil filters with HUGE pieces in them - I always wonder how they got through the pump?

Trust your filter to do it's job and just run the oil.

If you've seen all the junk that gets in an engine at your common lube shop,
you'd be FAR more horrified!!

Originally Posted By: Linctex
If you've seen all the junk that gets in an engine at your common lube shop,
you'd be FAR more horrified!!

^^This

Op,your car will be fine. Just run the full oci.

Quote:
They offered to replace my bottle or refund me but honestly I'm not too happy about the situation. So my question is should I just keep running this oil and accept it for what it is?

Sounds fair.

LC20 is only needed for poorly maintained, severely sludged engines, and for piston ring soaks where compression is below par due to coking and deposits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back