Mobil M1-210A C&P 8,000 Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks. Here is a Mobil M1-210A With 8,000 miles all highway cross country trip from Vermont to Oregon down to Southern California back to Vermont in 2 1/2 weeks. Oil used Quaker State Ultimate Durability 5W30. Vehicle 2010 Mountaineer 4.0 Miles 68,750. Super clean engine. You will see in photo media stretched out with a light behind it. Media held on end to the floor was about 6 feet long. Did not see any issues, looked good. Any paint missing on cup is from me. Refilled with same oil and a Fram Ultra

end to the floor was about 6 feet long. Did not see any issues, looked good. Any paint missing on cup is from me.

Well made Oil Filter! Wish the efficiency ratings were on par with Fram Ultra. Still a great filter...

Respectfully,

Pajero!

I have been pleased with the M1-110A on the Rogue which is picky about filters. I have the good Fram Toughguard on there now but another M1 on deck.
Champ Labs O.E.M. I would guess.

Anyone remember Lee Maxifilters?

Last edited:
Were the louvers all fully open? Can't tell from your tube photo. Otherwise, looks pretty good, other than the pleat spacing could have been a little better (not a big deal if the media doesn't tear).

Good looking filter. I just can't pay a buck more than the ultra costs at wally world. Might try one when there is a rebate out.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
I like the end caps and a guy can have faith that they were solidly glued to the metal caps.

SF
solidly glued to the metal caps is an understatement. The caps were a real pita to get off. Thought I could just twists then. Had to cut them off.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Were the louvers all fully open? Can't tell from your tube photo. Otherwise, looks pretty good, other than the pleat spacing could have been a little better (not a big deal if the media doesn't tear).
The louvers were open. There were no tears. Was not crazy about the bypass valve. The opening seemed a little small.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Good looking filter. I just can't pay a buck more than the ultra costs at wally world. Might try one when there is a rebate out.
Agree I switch to a Fram ultra.

Pleat spacing is much better than the first M1-210A c&p here on BITOG, but they've lost me as a customer when they dropped the efficiency and added the "A" suffix.

One note : the higher the BPV DP setting, the smaller the orifice needed to achieve equal flow rate.

Last edited:
Only difference, according to Exxon itself, in the Fram Ultra and M1 EP is that the M1 EP has a reinforced gasket because the past gold can would fail after so many miles. Whatever "reinforced gasket" means.

Still I use it because I use M1 (go american!, no dutch!)

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Only difference, according to Exxon itself, in the Fram Ultra and M1 EP is that the M1 EP has a reinforced gasket because the past gold can would fail after so many miles. Whatever "reinforced gasket" means.

Still I use it because I use M1 (go american!, no dutch!)

What are you talking about?

They aren’t even made by the same company and the construction is obviously not the same...

OH, and OP, filter looks decent, thanks for the Cut and Post.

Last edited:
Looks like a great filter, but due to cost up here, the Fram Ultra is the better deal by 2-3 dollars or maybe even a bit more?

Are Mobil filters a tad more expensive state side as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back