Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering these as a replacement of the factory tires (Goodyear Eagle LSII) on my 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium. I'm looking for a good Grand Touring All Season tire. Quality is more important than price but I'm not a millionaire lol. Do any of you have any experience with this tire? I'm also unsure as to the difference in the two models of the same tire? As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus&width=235%2F&ratio=45&diameter=18&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2015&autoModel=Fusion&autoModClar=Titanium

The Mazda3 in my signature has the Pirelli P7 Cinturato A/S + and they're a great tires.
I have also had the G/Y Eagle LSII on another vehicle('04 Altima) and there is no comparison IMHO.
I may get the P7s for my next tires on the '15 Altima in my sig when the Michelins wear out.

I would put more trust into the comparison test the Tire Rack does than someone coming in here and saying they are the best tire since the Goodyear Tiempo or the why aren't you buying General RT43's instead? Tell yourself what compromises you can live with. The Tire Rack is very good at pointing out the pros and cons in their own testing. I personally wouldn't want the Pirellis becuase the Tire Rack states the tire needs a sizable improvement in wet traction. But they state the tire sets the bar for on-road comfort and refinement. It's a complete opposite of the Michelin in the link you provided. The Michelin provides strong wet performance
but is loud and rides firm. What you want and find acceptable and what I prefer might differ.

Last edited:
We have this very tire in 215/45/17 on 2005 Subaru Legacy turbo wagon that is a performance oriented model.

They are wonderful even with about 30k in every aspect. So quiet and good handling.

Also they have decent winter traction for an all-season that my wife a hardened seasoned New England driver makes it to work(hospital) even when roads "shut down" due to winter events. But she is a holder my beer(well coffee mug) unphased driver when roads are abysmal.

Hands down the best tire in all the tests. I have had all the top ones.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp...odClar=Titanium

Second choice with a bit better mileage rating. I have these on my car right now. LOVE them. Great in Minnesota snow and rain. While they were just under the Pirellis in sliding sideways with an awd bmw, The start off and braking were better then the Pirellis. I don't think I will be sliding sideways in my car on a track so it is more inportant that I have traction taking off from astop sign and braking, and these beat the Pirellies. Plus I have had 2 sets of Pirellis that sidewall bubbled so they are never on my list anymore.

Last edited:
I have had the prior model DWS on a few cars and they were very good in wet conditions. I then switched to the ECO Plus model on they were just as good in wet conditions but didnt have the dry performance in dry like the DWS tire. I will be putting DWS06's on my Civic Si soon.

Originally Posted By: Mainia
Hands down the best tire in all the tests. I have had all the top ones.

Second choice with a bit better mileage rating. I have these on my car right now. LOVE them. Great in Minnesota snow and rain.

Last edited:
Yep me too. The Extreme 06 DWS is an Ultra High Performance tire you know ,of cource it will handle in the corners better. I want to try these for mileage of the tires. I JUST sold my Honda Fit with Koni's Extreme DWS06 on it. You have a Civic Si so we were both "street racering it" The poster might not be racing around, so he may want the better mileage the Pure Contacts will give him. I would always buy a new front set of Extremes 06 every fall for the fronts . With my new used Elantra GT I wanted to see if I could get by 2 straight years without buying tires with this newer car. I don't rotate normally because I want new tires every year for Minnesota winter driving. I run the new tires for the winter and in spring I put the new ones in the back and race around in the summer and wear those out and in fall I get new front ones. I sell the used tires on Craigs list if they are 4/32 or better.

Last edited:
I have 2 sets going of the P7+, one set is on its second year. I couldn't be more pleased with them, they are quiet, handle well in all conditions and do well in the snow.
Being an all season they don't have the grip of a dedicated summer performance tire or snow tire but they are more than decent. I would buy them again in a heartbeat.

I ran them on my Accord and couldn’t have been happier. They really quieted the car down and handled well. I had no issues in the wet because I didn’t drive near the limit.

I ran the Pure Contacts on my Si after the DWS's wore out. The Pure Contacts were great on the highway and in the rain. However, were not that great at going around corners fast.

Originally Posted By: Mainia
Yep me too. The Extreme 06 DWS is an Ultra High Performance tire you know ,of cource it will handle in the corners better. I want to try these for mileage of the tires. I JUST sold my Honda Fit with Koni's Extreme DWS06 on it. You have a Civic Si so we were both "street racering it" The poster might not be racing around, so he may want the better mileage the Pure Contacts will give him. I would always buy a new front set of Extremes 06 every fall for the fronts . With my new used Elantra GT I wanted to see if I could get by 2 straight years without buying tires with this newer car. I don't rotate normally because I want new tires every year for Minnesota winter driving. I run the new tires for the winter and in spring I put the new ones in the back and race around in the summer and wear those out and in fall I get new front ones. I sell the used tires on Craigs list if they are 4/32 or better.

I have them on my Volvo and they suck. 20k and they're about dead.

They haven't gripped since new. Half throttle will break them loose.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

+1, this has been my experience as well. Wore out fast, terrible on wet roads. They were very quiet, only good thing to say bout them.

Originally Posted By: PW01
I'm considering these as a replacement of the factory tires (Goodyear Eagle LSII) on my 2015 Ford Fusion Titanium. I'm looking for a good Grand Touring All Season tire. Quality is more important than price but I'm not a millionaire lol. Do any of you have any experience with this tire? I'm also unsure as to the difference in the two models of the same tire? As always, any help is greatly appreciated!

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Cinturato+P7+All+Season+Plus&width=235%2F&ratio=45&diameter=18&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2015&autoModel=Fusion&autoModClar=Titanium

The difference between the two tires is the speed rating; the 94H tire is rated for a maximum speed of 130 mph, the 94V for 149 mph. Have you considered the Vredestein Quatrac 5? I put a set on my wife's Clubman and so far we've been very pleased with them. The price is attractive as well.

I have them on my wife's Acura. They were one of the top rated tires on Tirerack, and Walmart had them on sale for $100 cheaper than anyone else. So far, so good. Nice and stable and good wet traction.

Just make sure that the installer installs them correctly. The idiot at Walmart installed them backwards. They have an inside, and outside, mounting direction. They are not directional tires, but they do have to be mounted correctly on the rim.

I replaced the original michelin primacy mxm4 on my honda civic with a set of Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus. Maybe it's just how i drive or the car but i don't think the pirellis anywhere are as good as the michelins. Pirelli is noiser, doesn't handle as good around turns or starting/stopping because the car slips/slides, and I doubt it will get half of the supposed 70000 miles tread started about 11.5/32 it's down to about 8.5/32 in 11600 miles.

Last edited:
I had them on my VW and they were wonderful. My aunt got a set for her VW and then VW bought it back so we took it to a Mexican corner tire shop and had them spin on some bald dry rotted tires, unbalanced, for like $80 and turned the car in. The Pirelli are in the garage and will replace the OE Michelin's on her Avalon

have them on my car right now. amazon has the best price. Make sure you get an alignment and your suspension is good before you put them on. Dont want the tread to get messed up because of one of those things. Expensive, but grippy, quiet and work well in most conditions.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

The Pirellis or Contentials?

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I would put more trust into the comparison test the Tire Rack does than someone coming in here and saying they are the best tire since the Goodyear Tiempo or the why aren't you buying General RT43's instead? Tell yourself what compromises you can live with. The Tire Rack is very good at pointing out the pros and cons in their own testing. I personally wouldn't want the Pirellis becuase the Tire Rack states the tire needs a sizable improvement in wet traction. But they state the tire sets the bar for on-road comfort and refinement. It's a complete opposite of the Michelin in the link you provided. The Michelin provides strong wet performance
but is loud and rides firm. What you want and find acceptable and what I prefer might differ.

Tire Rack says that tire isn't available in the size I need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back