See the Bullitt? See the original Bullitt chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to admit I wince every time I see the Mustang colliding with the Charger, in both the original, and 2013 version. lol

Originally Posted By: Joenpb
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Fantastic chase but it hasn't aged well. That Charger takes corners like the USS Nimitz.

The current Chargers don't turn much better. Chargers and Challengers are pretty much straight line muscle cars.

Current Chargers and Challengers are like Lamborghinis compared to that old '68. Not even close.

Current Chargers and Challengers are like Lamborghinis compared to that old '68. Not even close.
Actually, more like Mercedes. The LH cars use actual S-class front, E-class rear suspensions from back when Dieter Zetsche ran things. You're right the new LH chassis is nothing at all like the old '68.

Originally Posted By: Joenpb
Fantastic chase but it hasn't aged well. That Charger takes corners like the USS Nimitz.

The current Chargers don't turn much better. Chargers and Challengers are pretty much straight line muscle cars.

The Challenger and Charger suspensions might be upgraded, but the size and weight of the cars have not improved; they still have body roll issues in turns at speed.

I've driven what is possible of the original route used in The City with a group of Mustangs back in the 90's. Four years ago I ran across this one Saturday morning on my way down to Alameda. This along CA 24 west bound near Orinda. Maybe 3/4 mile away when I spotted them. Raced at high speed to catch up for a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back