Ravenol or Bizol full synthetic motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used German brands Ravenol or Bizol full synthetic motor oil.... especially 5W20? I noticed its available on Amazon sometimes. A bit pricey though.

Ravenol isn't known for premium products but seem to rate better than other oils and products in the lower price class. Bizol is a relatively new brand, I cant say anything about it one way or the other.
IMHO its safer using known premium brands like Castrol, Mobil, Shell, etc.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Ravenol isn't known for premium products

huh, lmao?

They have true pao based fluids and the commit to saying it as well. Plus they make fluids that nobody else touches like the zf8 pao based fluid. IMO they are premium for sure.

In Germany where they produce their products they are and always were considered mid tier products.
There product meet specs and are reasonably priced.
Just because they use PAO doesn't necessarily mean it is a premium product it simply means they are using what is considered a premium base stock but there is more to a formulation than just base stocks.

Edit: Here is a test of classic car oils. Granted one test is not indicative of the whole product line but you would think they would make at least a competitive product if they are a premium producer. In this test they were garbage.

https://www.rektol.de/fileadmin/PDF/AutoBild_Klassik_Oeltest_2013.pdf

Last edited:
Yeah, there are some Ravenol's used in race motors that work well. I would have no qualms about using a Ravenol product
smile.gif

No nothing about Bizol ...

Remember reading somewhere that Ravenol products have historically produced inconsistent VOAs - sorry can't recall where I saw that.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
I would have no qualms about using a Ravenol product
smile.gif

Me neither, I would use their windshield washer fluid anytime.
lol.gif
JK
I don't bother when premium products from Castrol, Shell, Mobil, etc are available for the same or close to the same money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back