Not open for further replies.
57356W1.jpg

57356W2.jpg

57356W3.jpg

57356W4.jpg

57356W5.jpg

57356W6.jpg

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
what is the date code on the top of the can? I see some rust, which could indicate an old filter.

Sorry forgot those the first time:

57356W7.jpg

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
what is the date code on the top of the can? I see some rust, which could indicate an old filter.

Sorry forgot those the first time:

57356W7.jpg

Thank you
thumbsup2.gif

12/04/17

only about 6 weeks old, and the end caps are already rusting
mad.gif

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
....that isn’t rust - it is glue on the end cap on this one.

Thanks for correcting that mis-observation. Looks/looked like some minor potting to me too. These have been my go to in Napa Gold form, 7356. Using one now that has been in my stash for awhile and has dome bypass.

When Wix changed the baseplate from the 51356 design to the topic 57356 for Honda, they started with nitrile adbv and dome bypass. Pretty quickly went to silicone adbv and dome bypass, what I'm currently using. And the latest is the topic form, silicone adbv and Wix traditional thread end bypass. So far in my experience, M&H hasn't screwed them up. Knock wood.

Thanks for c&p.

Wow, a LOT of real estate in the can is consumed by a spring and relief valve.

I think I'll stick with filter designs that use a larger element.

They use real estate on the Wix, but when it's dropped the coil spring doesn't stay deformed, it acts like a spring should act. After the rattler stories I can see why a coil spring has advantages. On the base end, the adbv has plenty of room to open, is the bright side of it. Always look on the bright side.
smile.gif

Thanks for more very clear pics of oil filters.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Wow, a LOT of real estate in the can is consumed by a spring and relief valve.

I think I'll stick with filter designs that use a larger element.

01.gif

They should've made the cam a bit longer to have the same amount of media as, say, a Fram 7317

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back