Champion Labs PH400 CUT OPEN (UNUSED FILTER)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snagged this from work and few others since we don't use this part # anymore and yes I got permission. Looks ok to me

Adam I have seen one of your C&P of one of these used. The spacing of the media backing seems suspect to me. What's your feeling and how do the hold up on say 5K OCI's?

We used this brand of filter for a long time. For 5-6k off, they did ok I think. Not a 10k OCI filter though

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Thank you for the C&P, don’t see anything wrong with that...

You are welcome Robert and thank you for your c&p's today
smile.gif

Pretty old filter by 2011 date code. Hard to say if representative of newer ones.
21.gif
. Thanks car51.

Yes, OLD... it doesn't have the "smaller windows" in the plastic internal cage like the "improved version" E-Core filters had.

Clearly Fram took the design of using "nubs" on a fiber end cap instead of an octagon shape from Champion Laboratories, viewing this pristine Gen 1 pre-Frampion Ecore filter.

I'd use it on my OPE. I ran plenty of Gen 1 Ecores last decade on my prior truck when I lived in SE Louisiana without incident, with conventional 10W-30 in a Dodge 360 engine.

Car51 - thanks for the virgin C&P.

I have used several of the larger diameter but shorter PH820 without big issues on the '04 Ford Ranger 4.0L V6 out to 6K miles. The pleats were in great shape without tears or deformation. Not thrilled about the combo valve. I think the nubs are there to center the element during assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back