Not open for further replies.
TG7317N1.jpg

TG7317N2.jpg

TG7317N3.jpg

TG7317N4.jpg

TG7317N5.jpg

TG7317N6.jpg

TG7317N7.jpg

Yes, I know it was made in 17, but its the new model, at least BNG...

Originally Posted By: CajunLariat
Is the tg = to the gold napa or the xp made by wix and plat?

TG has more efficient filtering than NAPA Gold, but its very close, as both their media is made of glass+cellulose fibers.
NAPA Gold is just a regular Wix.
NAPA Platinum = Wix XP, and it has poor filtering performance. Does have all-glass-fibers, which is good though.
All the above filters have silicone ADBV which is nice to have.

The "threaded end" fiber end-cap is different

Little "nubs" center the element in the can during assembly instead of the "octagon" cut shape before.

This new shape allows better oil flow past the end-cap to the element.

Originally Posted By: malibuguy79
I cannot just get into the paper ends. Why?

They aren't actually paper, they are a special fiber developed for this application.

They have a MUCH better "service record" for not failing in service than some other brands.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Little "nubs" center the element in the can during assembly instead of the "octagon" cut shape before.

The octagon end cap also centers the filter inside the can. The points on the octagon are essentially "nubs".

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

The octagon end cap also centers the filter inside the can. The points on the octagon are essentially "nubs".

Yes, I worded that poorly...

but THIS deign looks like it flows more? Hard to say....

Using the "nubs" on the fiber end cap for element centering looks like something Fram took from Champion Laboratories when the Frampion relationship dissolved. Such "nubs" are clearly evident on the unused pre-Frampion Champ PH400 C&P car 51 posted up.

Hard to say who used "nubs" first. Apparently, they are not patented.

Everyone who thanked me is of course welcome.

Originally Posted By: CajunLariat
Is the tg = to the gold napa or the xp made by wix and plat?

I would say it competes with the standard WIX and Napa, though it cost less than a WIX. (Don’t know what a Napa cost)

Originally Posted By: blupupher
I still want to know what is "new" about TG compared to the old one.

Thanks for posting it up.

We would have to have Jay tell us what (if anything) changed in the media, otherwise BNG (Bold New Graphics) which are actually less bold than the previous 2 color graphics.

The "threaded end" fiber end-cap is different

That isn’t new. It is evident on PH, TG and Honda A02’s from many years ago.

Originally Posted By: 4ever4d
A great filter for sure. The best on the market...for my use.
thumbsup2.gif

I agree it is a very solid filter and a very good price.

Originally Posted By: blupupher
I still want to know what is "new" about TG compared to the old one.

Thanks for posting it up.

I purchased some older ones, or the ones that still show the recommended mileage on the box so I was also curious.

I don't plan on running any of them (both car and truck) for anymore than 10,000 kms (6000 miles) and it will likely be less than that, but after I seen that the new were ones out, I wondered if I jumped the gun purchasing 2 for each vehicle?

I won't sweat it as I know their a good filter, but of course I wish I purchased the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back