New Fram looks and media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking more of the media end cap inside on the EG and TG. The ones I have seen had flat segments with rounded points to center the element on the baseplate.

When Fram did away with the domed screen that strained the bypassed oil my Heart was broken and I quit buying the Tough Guard.

Looks like news, I think. The Fram link goodtimes posted said new media. Maybe everything else is the same.
I find it interesting Fram says the new media is "more durable". Why can't Purolator come out with new more durable media? Puro needs it.

Last edited:
I always thought one end cap was rounded and the other end cap was hexagonal.

Last edited:
I answered this in the other thread, but the “nubs” isn’t a change at least for the 7317 size of filter...

I have a couple of TG’s but they aren’t in the new box and have 2 color labels so I suspect they aren’t the “new” ones.

Originally Posted By: CT8
When Fram did away with the domed screen that strained the bypassed oil my Heart was broken and I quit buying the Tough Guard.

A long time ago.

You ALREADY have a screen!
It's on your oil pump pickup tube.

Besides, the little pieces of carbon you see in cut open filters here would go right through that screen, anyway....

I think it's a good idea to have "nubs" or a hexagonal on the end cap next to the base of the filter. Ensures that the guts of the filter stays centered and gives lots of open area for oil flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back