Super Tech 0W20 ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of right now nothing. I think they would be dumb not to though. Especially more and more American cars are going to it now.

It shouldn't be too difficult for them to do so, especially since their suppliers all make a good dexos-licensed 0w20 synthetic (WPP's Mag1, Mobil Super Synthetic, and Citgo synthetic)

I went there today to get some Valvoline 0W20. It was sold out, so I looked for some other brands. I did notice there wasn't any SuperTech in that viscosity.

I ended up with a jug of Quaker State instead.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
I think they may be in the process. I have seen in my Walmart less and less of other oils and more space for their Supertech

Now that diesel trucks are a thing, 1/4 of the oil aisles around here are diesel oil. But I'd 100% run a Supertech 0w-20 in my Subaru.

Seen other WPP/WNE/WSE blended oils in 0w20 but never in ST Syn. Guess WM doesn't see a need to put it out at this point. Maybe at some point down the road, or not.

The average ST user probably doesn't drive anything new enough to need 0W-20 while the average more prosperous fellow driving something that calls for 0W-20 probably wouldn't use ST.
OTOH, there are house brand 0W-20s out there, so I'm sure that Walmart will join the party.
They're probably gathering bids from suppliers for this grade even now.

I emailed Warren Products to get info on the whole supertech line, as far as specs it meets and things like. They sent me info on all the oils and I was surprised to see they sent info on 0W20. It was labeled as Walmart 0W20. If I can figure out how to put the link on here I will.

Originally Posted By: mobilaltima
I emailed Warren Products to get info on the whole supertech line, as far as specs it meets and things like. They sent me info on all the oils and I was surprised to see they sent info on 0W20. It was labeled as Walmart 0W20. If I can figure out how to put the link on here I will.

I believe I've seen it (ST Syn 0w20 referenced) posted here before not long ago. However, 'never' seen it in a b&m WM and iirc I made the same comment on that thread.

EDIT I remember where I saw it now. It's on the Dexos 1 Gen 2 listing.

http://www.centerforqa.com/dexos-brand2015/

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
The average ST user probably doesn't drive anything new enough to need 0W-20 while the average more prosperous fellow driving something that calls for 0W-20 probably wouldn't use ST.
OTOH, there are house brand 0W-20s out there, so I'm sure that Walmart will join the party.

I beg your pardon

I know quite a few people with newer vehicles that use ST fluids.

Not everyone is stuck on using "name brand" oils anyways

Originally Posted By: car51

I beg your pardon

Agreed. I use ST syn 5W20 in my 2015 Jeep Wrangler (still under warranty) and will use ST 0W20 syn in my 2017 Silverado (still under warranty) if I can ever find it. Grp III synthetic Dexos Gen 2 rated. $17.47 for 5 quarts. So far its the best bang for the buck oil I've ever used.

Dam right!

Some "people" here are stuck on FAR, and other B.S. Oil deals

I'll take my $1/quart clearance stuff from AZ

ST OIL is fine for my "older" 2009 Camry anyways

For all intensive purposes, I'd say 0W-20 and 5W-20 and are interchangeable.

Don't see the reason to have both on the shelf unless there's a price difference.

Originally Posted By: car51

I beg your pardon

You may beg as you wish.
I don't use ST in anything simply because it's a cheaply formulated oil, which is the reason that it lacks that most expensive and most desirable add, moly.
If one wants a cheap store brand oil, there are better and cheaper options from RK and Meijer and their oils actually do contain a small slug of moly.
I don't know anyone who actually uses ST. Not even Walmart uses it in their TLEs.

You may beg as you wish.
I don't use ST in anything simply because it's a cheaply formulated oil, which is the reason that it lacks that most expensive and most desirable add, moly.
If one wants a cheap store brand oil, there are better and cheaper options from RK and Meijer and their oils actually do contain a small slug of moly.
I don't know anyone who actually uses ST. Not even Walmart uses it in their TLEs.

Valvoline/Napa VOAs show no moly either. What’s your point? Specs are specs. API SN and Dexos 1 fit my criteria just fine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back