Anyone used this Super Lube Gel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you can see from the picture, has anyone used it as a dielectric or as a silicone grease or no?

What should be common application of it on a car/motorcycle?

I'll betcha the backside of the tube has suggested applications on it.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: andyd
I'll betcha the backside of the tube has suggested applications on it.
grin2.gif

LOL, I'll check it out
smile.gif

I actually picked this one up in a package and think it's at least 10-15 years old.

But I have no clue... hence asking
smile.gif

One thing for sure, that tube has Teflon in it as indicated by the writing on the tube. Teflon is the registered tradmark for PTFE which is owned by Chemours (formerly Dupont). Dupont patented PTFE in 1941. Super Lube still uses PTFE in their product but they call it Syncolon. I'm not sure but I think the patent on Teflon ran out (it has been 77 years since it was patented). If anyone has some time perhaps they can find out when that happened.
This is all fun.

SF

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NibbanaBanana
I have a tube of that sitting on the shelf. Been there for decades. Never was sure what to use it on.

Please do update the thread if you find out.

I might call super lube and see what they say?

That looks like a knockoff of Superlube, I don't see that product in the Superlube listings.

Superlube usually puts their name in large letters on products.

If is does not say its DI-electric, i would not use it as such.

grease3.jpg

Last edited:
It says made for Radio Shack and it's a general household lubricant, on the back of it.

Also, on the front it's says Archers too.

Think it's just a lubricant.

Probably older discontinued product. I did not find it on a search of radio shacks site. Its possible it was made for radio shack by Superlube.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
That looks like a knockoff of Superlube, I don't see that product in the Superlube listings.

Superlube usually puts their name in large letters on products.

If is does not say its DI-electric, i would not use it as such.

grease3.jpg

The tube on the far right hand side will start dripping if stored standing up with the cap on the bottom.

Bought a few tubes of each on Amazon a year or so ago. The sticky gel one seems to do okay in the gate roller. Other than that, haven't found any other particular use where I'd say "this is it and nothing else".

Originally Posted By: Errtt
Bought a few tubes of each on Amazon a year or so ago. The sticky gel one seems to do okay in the gate roller. Other than that, haven't found any other particular use where I'd say "this is it and nothing else".

Thanks, I'll try to use it on garage door and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back