Oil Filter C&P Kubota BX2380

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: propuckstopper
There is no tearing or anything like that. I was just concerned about the pleats leaning over.

It really pretty normal.

The spring pushes down pretty hard, something's gotta give

2.5 hours on the tractor overall? I blame moisture in the oil. It was likely started for short periods of time and not allowed to get to temp while at the dealership.

Hard to tell, but is the can the Kubota engine block blue? Genuine Kubota filters are white with IIRC no metal seam crimper. This one resembles a Denso, who makes their electronics so I guess it makes sense.
21.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: propuckstopper
There is no tearing or anything like that. I was just concerned about the pleats leaning over.

It really pretty normal.

The spring pushes down pretty hard, something's gotta give

It's not from the spring pushing down, it would have to crush the center tube - no way.

Cellulose media swells and expands, so pleats get wavy.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
2.5 hours on the tractor overall? I blame moisture in the oil. It was likely started for short periods of time and not allowed to get to temp while at the dealership.

Hard to tell, but is the can the Kubota engine block blue? Genuine Kubota filters are white with IIRC no metal seam crimper. This one resembles a Denso, who makes their electronics so I guess it makes sense.
21.gif

Yes. It is engine block blue.

I think you might be right with your assessment of running for short periods of time at the dealer. You see, I just got this tractor brand new and I know the dealer started it outside (without plugging it in) to bring it into the shop to do the PDI.

The crazy thing about not plugging these tractors in? Last week, our temperatures neared -35 Celsius, and I know for a fact that the tractor was started solely off the glow plugs.

When the tractor was delivered, I asked the delivery guy how they started these tractors outside in such frigid temperatures. He said they just fire them up with no heat. It can't be good for a brand new engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back