Russian Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
i promise you at the end of 2018 the news will tell us that 2018 was one of the 10 hottest years on record.

Last edited:
Remember, it is not global warming but rather climate change. One area may get much colder temperatures than normal while another area gets much hotter temps than normal or more/less rain etc. Climate is the long term average of daily conditions (weather). It is the extreme differences in our averages that are the concern.

It's been that cold before, I think it was down to -60F during WWII. They considered it a warming trend when it hit -40F. Oil wasn't as good back then, they had to build fires under the engine to get them started.

No girly man 0W-20 for them! And they loved it!
crackmeup2.gif

I was just in a Finland and it was the same temperature as NJ, much, much further south by latitude. The locals said it was one of the warmest they remembered, due to some differences in how the arctic winds were going.

Were coming out of a minor ice age. I recall reading that wine grapes grew in the U.K. Until the 1300s.

I'm sure I seen on the news the other night that is was -65 in some areas? They showed pics of people with icicles on their eyelids and eyebrows.

Hard to believe people would be out in those temps, but then again, we are talking about Russia here, not Canada.

If you go on windy.com, you can see the temperatures across the world. When I checked yesterday it was -55F in Siberia. Yeow!

Originally Posted By: irv
Hard to believe people would be out in those temps, but then again, we are talking about Russia here, not Canada.

I've gone out shovelling snow at -70F windchill temperature in Canada. It's never yet got much below -50F without the wind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back