Ever broken a bone? How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done many things in 57 years that should have resulted in more broken bones but never did. So far I have just a broken nose from Golden Gloves Boxing.

How about you?

Last edited:
4 broken ribs in a boogy boarding incident. Another couple later on
Bunches of broken toes.
Lots of chipped bones

Fractured my skull once walking into a concrete lampost while staring at a girl walking the wiggly walk on the other side of the road.

Didn't think she was aware of me but her gleefully hysterical laughter suggested that was incorrect. Thnk she might actually have wet herself.

Shattered Left arm during a bicycle race crash. Took some time to find a doc that would attempt the repair, as it was in 20 pieces.

I am forever thankful I found a qualified and skilled surgeon, as the "internal fixation" has been trouble free and my arm/wrist/hand works properly.

cracked 3 ribs falling on ski pole when I was 55. Decided that since colorado so far from Missouri needed other hobbies.

Rod

Fractured ribs from falling off the roof of my house many years ago.

Broken femur, car accident, 17 yrs ago...Have a rod in there now, but I can walk okay...
Once in a while it'll give me some aches if I'm on it for a few hours...

Broken:

Left wrist
Nose 3x
Left cheekbone
4th vertebrae
Right hand index finger & pinky finger-separate injuries and left thumb
Right foot
Left elbow chip

Last summer crashed riding my ninja to a motorcycle coming from the opposite lane.i fell on the tarmac and fainted. When I woke up at the hospital had a dislocated ankle and broken pinky finger in the middle section which the doctors mutilated.
frown.gif

Next finger was also broken at the same height but at least I still have it...

Actually I'm going through this right now. Got in a fight with a tree while doing some clearing.
Have a compound fracture of my left Tibia and a double compound fracture of my left leg Fibula.
They installed a rod through the middle of the Tibia bone and some screws to hold it in place.

Compression fractures of vertebrae L1 and L2. Off road motorcycle accident. This happened 38 years ago, and I don't seem to have any disability from it, though I've never been as strong as I was beforehand. Probably because of all of the time recuperating, during which heavy lifting was verboten.

I have broken little toes a couple of times. Once I caught a chair leg between my toes, and heard a loud snap. Looked down and my toe was sticking out from my foot at about a 45-degree angle. Another time I was ironing clothes (seriously) and dropped the iron on my toe. I went to church and could feel my toe swelling during the entire service.

Broke both of my collar bones at the same time when I was a kid, while learning how to walk on homemade stilts.
Broke multiple fingers and toes.

I used to race 3 wheelers. Had 3 team Honda guys gang up on me to take me out. Broke my left arm when I crashed. Then rebroke it 2 weeks after I got the cast off but that was my fault.

Broke my left collar bone while riding my ATV out in the desert. Over inflated tires+riding too fast means it flips on top of you. It wasn't too bad of a break though, I was 16 at the time.

I got knocked off my Harley at 70 mph. Shattered right wrist = Titanium plate with 12 screws. Also hyper extended my right knee when I fell off my work truck. Broke the knee joint and tore tendons = Two pins and anchors for tendons.

2003 Broke right ankle, plates and screws holding firm - no issues since. Working on motorcycle and tripped over youngest son in the garage and made bad landing.
2006 Broke left wrist. Hit by 70 year old man while I was cutting lawn next to the sidewalk, he took me out and I went flying.
2016 Fell off 8 ft ladder in my garage (garage must be haunted?) and broke 13 bones and spent week in hospital and 5 weeks off work. Pelvis 2 places, tailbone 2 places, cockx ? 5 ribs, 2 compression fractures in spine, left shoulder blade. Could have been much worse.

No I can't predict the weather. I am fully functional, but some say 'cursed'
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back