Bye bye v10, hello F150 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past weekend I traded in my 09 F250 V10 for this 13 F150 5.0, its a 2wd, only has 19k on the odo, doesn't get 13 mpg on a bad day vs a good day like the old one lol, changes in life mean I don't need the great big truck anymore

the 5.0 is most impressive to me, getting on the interstate under full load when it shifts at the top of the rpm you expect it to kinda fall on its face but it just keeps pulling.
As far as oil goes, since this is that part of the internet, I'm thinking just motorcraft 5w20 with a motorcraft filter

Last edited:
Thats going to be much easier on your wallet. I bet it will get close to double the mpg on the freeway.

Originally Posted By: CT8
The V10 is a pretty nice engine but yes big power drinks big gas.

Don't get me wrong, I loved it for what it was.
But for a guy who had to move a 5th wheel/gooseneck a few times a year who is now going back to college and won't have to move any of those it didn't make sense.Would still take the big gas guzzler over a ford diesel other than the newer 6.7, which is a lot more expensive than the v10

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Its only 4.5 mpg better, 1/2 the HP?

About the same horsepower, Not quite the torque of the V10. The two have different power bands.....The V10 makes it's HP & TQ down low, The Coyote likes to rev.

Beautiful.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Its only 4.5 mpg better, 1/2 the HP?

best I ever got out of my v10 was 15, ONCE it usually got down around 12-13 unloaded highway.
F150 got 22.5 running 70 mph down the interstate.
I think the 5.0 has marginally more hp, not the torque though

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back