VSP 20w50 04 Lexus ES330 5778mi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SR5
Very nice report, thanks for posting.

Would it be possible to list the precious oils in order, to help with the comparison.

Left to right VSP 20w50, PYB SAE 30 (yes the monograde), PUP(PP) 5w30 (GTL based), blend of 4 quarts M1 5w30 SM (older no Mg version) 1 Quart Redline 5w30, VSP 5w30.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
Originally Posted By: SR5
Very nice report, thanks for posting.

Would it be possible to list the precious oils in order, to help with the comparison.

Left to right VSP 20w50, PYB SAE 30 (yes the monograde), PUP(PP) 5w30 (GTL based), blend of 4 quarts M1 5w30 SM (older no Mg version) 1 Quart Redline 5w30, VSP 5w30.

Thank you, they all did well.

Laugh....until you told me, I couldn't pick a mineral monograde from a GTL Dexos rated synthetic.

I never looked at it like that, but you're right just looking at the numbers alone I also couldn't pick out the top tier Synthetic from the SAE 30. That is if I didn't know already which was which.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
... just looking at the numbers alone I also couldn't pick out the top tier Synthetic from the SAE 30. That is if I didn't know already which was which.

DNewton3 did that a while back.

Between "dino" and "synthetic", for *some* engines it makes pretty much no difference at all for wear numbers.

Pulling a 25,000 lb trailer might be a different story, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back