Fake Unemployment benefit claim scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have taken many complaints here. Seems this happened after they switched computer systems.

Sadly, it happened to me last year when I was laid off...

Made a huge mess, had a bunch of things I had to do to fix it too!

Originally Posted By: ZZman
We have taken many complaints here. Seems this happened after they switched computer systems.

Who switch systems, Lansing?

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Sadly, it happened to me last year when I was laid off...

Made a huge mess, had a bunch of things I had to do to fix it too!

Dave, could you please share your story and what was the scam and hurdles to getting it fixed, it help us...

Our private information is sold on the dark web. There are tens of thousands intrusions very often. I recently received a letter from TransUnion that my personal information had been hacked from their server. Even the drug addicts sell information from burglarizing homes/cars etc. None of our information is safe.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Dang, what next. I just collected for Christmas week layoff, no problems.
You would think with a maximum $362.00 a week they would go after bigger fish.
I have to have a PIN from the IRS every year because someone filed taxes in my name a couple years ago.

With all of the personal information out there from last year's Equifax hack there will probably be lots of creative new scams being tried. "Welcome, my son. Welcome to the machine."

So what is the scam?

Get unemployment checks mailed to their address?
Direct deposit to their account?

They haven't mailed checks for years.It's either direct deposit or a debit card that will be loaded as you receive benefits. My guess would be file a false claim with someone else's SS and other info then have the debit card sent to a different address or PO box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back