2015 Honda pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a 2015 Honda pilot and it pulls right. Tried different tires and the shop I bought it cant correct it. Says is a torque pull. They want to try to shim one motor mount to change the geometry. I trust them been going to them for 25 years and they do frame alignments. No wrecks on this that we can see.

Any one else with a pilot that does this? I drove 4 of them and they all do it. Its a CPO think I should fight the dealership?

thanks

My '13 doesn't pull right, except when following the road crown.

I've heard of bad engine mounts causing a pull. Don't know your mileage but VCM is known to prematurely damage the active mount on these trucks. Your shop should closely look at that mount, if they haven't done so already.

Doe it pull right in neutral?
Make sure rear toe is correct and minimal. Also no total toe-in on the front. You shouldn't see torque steer at low torque cruising. The diff should power the unloaded left front tire following a crown you would think.

Originally Posted By: mclasser

I've heard of bad engine mounts causing a pull. Don't know your mileage but VCM is known to prematurely damage the active mount on these trucks. Your shop should closely look at that mount, if they haven't done so already.

Active mounts are front and rear, should not have any affect except a vibration when VCM is engaged.

Originally Posted By: millerbl00
Pulls right all the time. yes, this is AGCO saying this

I’d trust AGCO over the dealer any day of the week.

Yes AGCO is the best been going to them 30 years but it has a warranty. Thanks for thinking about brakes. I have them check that

Last edited:
Got it fixed at dealer. The castor is not adjustable. Tech said normally when caster is out they check for frame or strut damage. Turns out it was the strut. Replaced and all good. may be the strut was slightly bent??

thanks

Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Originally Posted By: mclasser

Active mounts are front and rear, should not have any affect except a vibration when VCM is engaged.

Unless the mount is wasted and then you'll feel it all the time.

UD

Wow. We had a 2007 CR-V that had a bent strut. It was not in a wreck. This was at about 38k miles when I replaced the [censored] OEM Bridgestone tires.

Also shocked that AGCO didn't catch that!

Last edited:
Got it fixed at dealer. The castor is not adjustable. Tech said normally when caster is out they check for frame or strut damage. Turns out it was the strut. Replaced and all good. may be the strut was slightly bent??

thanks
Which strut was it and what kind of damage?

Last edited:

thanks

You would think they would catch that or at least suspect it and go a little further into it. Bent, bad mount who knows but at least you know where not to take it next time.
That's not the worst I have heard of. I did one that they did an alignment on and said it was okay with a seriously blown out front wheel bearing. LOL

Drivers front. No complaints against AGCO. They did say the caster was not adjustable. No damage we could see. The tech at dealership said it was a common problem. he thinks something in strut itself gives out. I think caster being nonadjustable is a big hindrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back