House 'Haunting'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the market to buy a home in Florida. This afternoon I called my realtor, and set up to see a beautiful home in Brandon, FL for tomorrow morning. After, setting up the meeting, my wife does more research on the home, & this is what she finds...

The last owner/tenant murdered two people in the home then shot himself. Murder-Suicide. Story goes, that he was mad that his wife was in a new relationship with a woman and was divorcing him.

Pros: 1. Price 2. Location 3. Gorgeous home

Cons: 1. Waking up every morning and thinking about 'my murder house' 2. Telling the story to every friend and family who visit the home 3. Ghosts!!!! Who wants ghosts terrorizing them at night, j/k? 4. Trying to sell the home in the future...

I have the worst luck!

If you want to view the home: Murder House

Last edited:
Post the juicy stuff too!
shocked2.gif
Florida...

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/local...de-deputies-say

Same thing happened 4 doors down from me. Double murder and a suicide. The house was vacant for months but someone has moved in now. Hire priests, rabbis, whatever other clergy you can find and get it blessed.

And get new carpet.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
Same thing happened 4 doors down from me. Double murder and a suicide. The house was vacant for months but someone has moved in now. Hire priests, rabbis, whatever other clergy you can find and get it blessed.

And get new carpet.

Exactly!!!

Pastor, Priest, and Rabbi... Make sure I bless it the right way! And lots of holy water.

If the price makes it worth it, id say go for it. A murder suicide, while dark, wouldnt prevent me from buying it, but id expect a great deal. How does your wife feel? Thats the important question here, mine would not be okay with it. Buy a house you will both be comfortable in.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
If the price makes it worth it, id say go for it. A murder suicide, while dark, wouldnt prevent me from buying it, but id expect a great deal. How does your wife feel? Thats the important question here, mine would not be okay with it. Buy a house you will both be comfortable in.

Yeah, it bugs her. I don't blame her. Plus we have two little ones. I don't want them to be bullied in school for being the kids who moved into the 'haunted house'. I remember as a kid, about the 'haunted houses' in the neighborhood and the crazy stories that would circulate around school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I wouldn't worry about it unless they start to argue with you about you OCI!

If the ghosts start telling me to go to 'Jiffy Lube', then we are really going to have a problem... that or the HOA committee. Unless one of them was obsessed about PAO based oils and the other GTL.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rummy
Cons: 1. Waking up every morning and thinking about 'my murder house' 2. Telling the story to every friend and family who visit the home 3. Ghosts!!!! Who wants ghosts terrorizing them at night, j/k? 4. Trying to sell the home in the future...

Not sure about Florida, but in my state, it's not a disclosure requirement. Law doesn't actually recognize ghosts.

1. Don't think about murder house.
2. Don't tell the story.
3. No such things as ghosts.
4. No disclosure requirement. Let the buyer beware. You have to disclose if asked.

For what it's worth, there's lots of houses around here that are 100 years old or older. Lots of people died in them. Way before the internet too so you can't just look things up online. One of the designs of old triple deckers is that the front living room used to have a separate entrance so that it could be used as a funeral parlor as that wasn't that common back then and 100 years ago, people died all the time. Average life expectancy was 47-54 in 1900-1920.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Originally Posted By: rummy

Not sure about Florida, but in my state, it's not a disclosure requirement. Law doesn't actually recognize ghosts.

1. Don't think about murder house.
2. Don't tell the story.
3. No such things as ghosts.
4. No disclosure requirement. Let the buyer beware. You have to disclose if asked.

For what it's worth, there's lots of houses around here that are 100 years old or older. Lots of people died in them. Way before the internet too so you can't just look things up online. One of the designs of old triple deckers is that the front living room used to have a separate entrance so that it could be used as a funeral parlor as that wasn't that common back then and 100 years ago, people died all the time. Average life expectancy was 47-54 in 1900-1920.

Thanks for sharing... I'm not sure how FL works with the disclosure requirements, but like my wife just told me a few seconds ago. "You guys are so unattached emotionally." "We are more emotional, and I am NOT going to be able to get attached to that house... EVER!"

Wife: 1
Husband: 0

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Wow, that house is beautiful! I'd KILL to live there!

lol.gif

LOL "BOOOO M"

Originally Posted By: Marco620
These "ghosts" might keep in-laws and relatives away. You might reconsider.

You might be onto something here... [thinking cap on]

Low ceilings, trendy/tacky remodel finishes. Kitchen remodel features cheap looking stove/overhead microwave. Combine that with notorious crime history and in house violent murders - I'd pass on it even at 50k less.

There’s at least one guy on this forum that can use divining rods to see where the evil spirits are. That’ll help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back