Tracks around my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy night around the house. Lots of noise and high pitched yapping. What I found this morning

This is the yapper. Not a dog or a coyote. Something following the rest.

All of them taking the same trail..

Driz said:
Looks like deer and rabbits . Make s ure they don’t decide to come back too often as those deer can chew your evergreens to bits. They are weird. Sure they eat anything when they are starving but sometimes they find something they love and the buffet is open after the lights go out.

Here you want to see a deer track , this a track. This guy was here last night in the alps right in the back yard. We saw him a few nights ago raiding the bird feeder at 4 am. The last time I actually saw one was in 79 when I almost plowed into him with a patrol car in the fog. The track is about 8-12 hours old on a warm day so it spread a bit but it’s still a monster. When he walked up the street the other night I could see a rack between 4-5’ high. Big as a thoroughbred and I know because we have one at home. You wouldn’t want to hit one of them.

Originally Posted By: Driz
Looks like deer and rabbits . Make s ure they don’t decide to come back too often as those deer can chew your evergreens to bits. They are weird. Sure they eat anything when they are starving but sometimes they find something they love and the buffet is open after the lights go out.

Yep, good call. Top pic is deer and it looks like some nibbling on the Taxus spp. Second is rabbit. Third??? In that deep snow I would imagine a cat/fox would drag its belly. It sure looks like coyote to me. Maybe a feral dog.

I love to go out after a fresh snow and see all the tracks. This afternoon I saw coyote and turkey.

The last one was a fox! I tried to take a pic last night, but he ran away.

I sprayed some of this foul smelling stuff hopefully it will help deter the deer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back