whats a really good wax for RED paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some stuff I got from Pep Boys that was supposed to be good. I forgot the name...but what is a good wax/polish for RED paint?

Im buying a used car and I want to make it like new again. its all shiny but I doubt its been waxes in a while

Is the red clear coated? Regardless, I like Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax.

I think he's already tried that one, from another thread:

Originally Posted By: MZ-Bird
I forgot I had this as it got cold before I had a chance to use it. I now have some liquid gold class plus and the new Armour All wax they must have recently come out with.

anyone use them both or either one?

Meguiar's "Liquid Gold Class" is not the same as the "Ultimate" line of wax from Meguiar's.

TO make it look like new again a polish is in order. What you do before the wax cost is what makes the paint really shine.

Pimtac is right. You have to polish the paint to make it pop. The wax is just a protective outer coat.

Polish, as Pimtac said. Meguiar's seems to work fine for me. Then i like Klasse sealant. You can wax over the sealant, i wait 24 hours.

I wasnt impressed with Megs Ultimate wax. Show us pics of the paint after washing it first. I would start by washing it and then using iron x and following with a claybar to remove all contamination. Polish after if required. I like the Gold Class paste wax. I find it looks really good on my red corolla.

Last edited:
After the paint is polished to perfection, nothing looks better on my red car than old Meguiar's 26.

Originally Posted By: Broo
After the paint is polished to perfection, nothing looks better on my red car than old Meguiar's 26.

A seriously good wax. Ton of depth and luster.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Try Griot's One-Step Sealant.

I have GRIOTS liquid gloss poly wax AND Griots cleaner wax...

are these good. I only used it once but on a white car and well thats white and different

are these good. I only used it once but on a white car and well thats white and different

Yeah Griot's Poly Wax is awesome. Most recently used it on my Dad's new Colorado and it looks great!

'17 Colorado Detailed

I've never tried their cleaner wax - but I've never been disappointed in a Griot's product. It's hard to get the best out of a cleaner wax without a machine, though.

Collinite 845 for everything.
grin.gif

Great, long lasting protection, UV protection plus a ton of other things it protects against.

It's all I ever use anymore.
http://www.collinite.com/automotive-wax/insulator-wax/

I'd recommend doing a compound (either something more aggressive like Meguire's Ultimate Polish or something a little milder like Poorboy's SSR lineup) then a polish (Meguire's Ultimate polish is good), using a DA polisher for both steps. Then seal (Klasse looks great but is hard to apply, I like Duragloss 111 mixed with 601 4:1, either will last a year or so.

Here's my XJ after going it with Meguire's Ultimate polish followed by Klasse.
rtl8k5f.jpg

1S2hMbC.jpg

ktFFlaa.jpg

gBeu759.jpg

Meguries 26. A couple of coats on my Red 1999 Trans Am and the people at the 2017 Trans Am Nationals in Dayton Ohio were liking it. Gives the Red a nice deep color.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Try Griot's One-Step Sealant.

Griot's Cleaner Wax is surprisingly good - never tried it after a good buffing, I used it on a black car and it looks I think better than Meguiar's Gold Class. It holds up well on non-garaged cars. I want to see how it looks after polishing and against their Best Of Show wax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back