Irving Gas Is Now Top Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw it at a station a few days ago, Irving is now advertising at the pumps that they are selling Top Tier gas.
They have a decent presence in my part of New England and I was surprised that they were not TT when I checked a few years ago.

Last edited:
In Texas I usually get my Top Tier gas at Valero.
I can find it for 1 or 2 cents a gallon over any other local NON-TT gas, so it's worth it.

Sunoco (Stripes) in Texas is usually at LEAST 7-10 cents more

Good to hear. Irving operates the largest refinery in Canada, located in St. John, New Brunswick, on the east coast of Canada. About 1/2 of it's crude oil comes from the United States, mostly from the Bakken in North Dakota. The other 1/2 comes from overseas producers, much like the ones that supply the US with crude oil. Currently there is no pipeline from western Canada where most of Canada's oil is produced, to the East Coast of Canada.

I believe Irving is a private company started by J.C. Irving and control was passed onto his sons. Not sure where the boundaries are for Irving gas stations but obviously they are in New Brunswick and New England. Maybe someone else can tell us what other Provinces and States they are in.

SF

If I only had a "G" at the end of my last name!
smile.gif

Irving aside, does anyone know who supplies Costco with their gas?
Every pump has a placard that talks about it being a Top Tier gas and I am wondering just how good it is?

I try to use it when I can but I usually don't have the patience to wait in line much so my usual go to gas is Shell, which I have one right around the corner from me.

Never impressed much with irving gas, gas mileage never great. Best was with Mobil followed by Shell. If Im near a costco, I will fill up there.

Many years ago, I bought a new '86 GMC 3/4 ton pickup It was made for leaded gas, while the 1/2 tons of the same year had to use unleaded. Back then' stations were using leaded as a price leader as fewer and fewer vehicles could use it.It was a great deal to get cheap gas. Later when leaded became unavailable I had a serious dieseling problem with regular. I had to use a mid or premium grade to stop it. A Sunoco in New Hampshire switched to Irving and I gave it a try. I used their regular and it did not diesel when I shut off. I also got slightly better mileage with the Irving. That was a long time ago and things change, but it was great gas when they first started coming to the US.

This is good news. Use there gas from time to time. For what its worth Irving supplies most of the big name companies ie Mobil/Exxon, Gulf,
Sunoco ect with fuel. Irving has there own fleet of tankers and I see them all the time in the Chelsea Creek {Boston} making deliveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back