Amsoil price increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked their website and it looks like they jacked up prices by roughly 5%. I guess it just cuz thier oil got so much better with recent reformulation? yet another reason to love this brand

Additive costs have been rising consistently this past year and many of the majors have increased costs.

I don't know that Amsoil is really all that much better than it was ten year ago. But when your Competition like Mobil raises the price of their flagship oil from like $30 to the nearly $50 price for their AP you have some room to capture some more profit.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
I don't know that Amsoil is really all that much better than it was ten year ago. But when your Competition like Mobil raises the price of their flagship oil from like $30 to the nearly $50 price for their AP you have some room to capture some more profit.

AP is just under $40. EP is $28+ for 5 qts at WM, and reg M1 is $25+. Or at least it was the last time I bought oil.

Last edited:
Has there be anything that proves the AP to do anything better that Mobils other well proven offerings?

Originally Posted By: salesrep
Additive costs have been rising consistently this past year and many of the majors have increased costs.

Yet another reason why I buy oils on clearance.... and stash, stash away!!

There are lots of reasons why oil companies raise prices - it happens most often in the spring and usually there are several rounds - most oil companies announced 3 price increases in 2017, one already in 2018 and I am hearing another round is being planned for march/april.

The main reasons for increases being cited that I have seen:
  • increased raw material costs
  • increased base oil/feedstock costs - the price of oil is almost 15% higher than it was this time last year
  • increased packaging costs - bottles etc
  • increased transportation costs - some are claiming as high as a 20-30% increase since last summer
  • increased regulatory compliance and performance testing costs - driving new component development
  • increased licensing costs - the API increased their fee this year, ACEA is starting a licensing fee, and I believe others did as well

To me I would say the cost went up some do to the fact that they now offer free shipping for PC's now over $100 purchase.

Originally Posted By: Solarent
There are lots of reasons why oil companies raise prices - it happens most often in the spring and usually there are several rounds - most oil companies announced 3 price increases in 2017, one already in 2018 and I am hearing another round is being planned for march/april.

The main reasons for increases being cited that I have seen:
  • increased raw material costs
  • increased base oil/feedstock costs - the price of oil is almost 15% higher than it was this time last year
  • increased packaging costs - bottles etc
  • increased transportation costs - some are claiming as high as a 20-30% increase since last summer
  • increased regulatory compliance and performance testing costs - driving new component development
  • increased licensing costs - the API increased their fee this year, ACEA is starting a licensing fee, and I believe others did as well

[*] increase to the bottom line. Even if it's a few pennies on a quart. They do that too from time to time.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back