MAGNESIUM 12
PHOSPHORUS 1079
ZINC 1237
BARIUM 0

INSOLUBLES 0.4
WATER 0
FLASHPOINT ºF 415
SUS VIS 210ºF 12.0CST

I compared this sample to last years sample and wrot what I thought was the difference. But I’m sure you guys would know more about it. Here’s the link:
Amsoil vs Mobil1

Last edited:
Aimsoil gets oil and aditives from Mobil, Shell, etc to make their own oil more robust, from what I've seen in their oils. If I was to use any oil for racing, I would use Mobil 1 from my own testing in my car.

10W40 typically shears thinning, though Amsoil does better.
welcome2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2zrVios
Any idea why both of my samples received the comments "low viscosity"?

It has sheared to a high 30 grade, not uncommon with a 10w40.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Originally Posted By: 2zrVios
Any idea why both of my samples received the comments "low viscosity"?

It has sheared to a high 30 grade, not uncommon with a 10w40.

Mobil sheared to 20 grade , it's 'frightening' in a (port injection?) Yota engine .... wrapping my head around ..
Btw, mobil in HM, delvac or super ?

This was Mobil Super,

And yes the engine is port injection, mass produced 2zrfe that I got from a junkyard in 2016

Guys, do you think my results warrant installing an oil cooler? Or should I increase viscosity?...Or just carry on as normal?

No, you don't need an oil cooler.
Missed out saying UOA metal wear rates was indeed good and nice, despite viscosity sheared out of grade.
Stick with Amsoil 10W40 for being more shear stable,other than PAO/Ester based engine oils,HDEO's in 15W40, A3B4 in xW50 may be selected .

Awesome thank you.

The internet is full of people answering this question with “you need an oil cooler if you race....or....if your oil temp goes over 2xx degrees ”. When I used this oil for a whole autocross season and a track day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back