What do you pay yearly for property taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about $12,500 in south Jersey burbs. It's a lot. Especially when folks complain about their $4000 a year tax bill.

About 9 grand. If I were a 1/2 mile in any direction away, about 3 grand. My city cherry picks the neighborhoods they want. Should've checked it before I bought here but love the house anyway so might not have mattered.

Small home in a high rent area due to local school district = $2,600. I would say the average for my area is easily in the $5,000+ range.

$15,000 isn't out of line for the swanky homes/subdivisions.

About $2k on a property that's worth $175k give or take. Assessed at $130k.

North side Minneapolis Minnesota.

Villa (condo) $2563--(valuation $33603 @ 19% of value= $176,858

(rental property) Town house (condo) $1760 (assessments are constantly adjusted and value is proportional)

(rental property) house $2193

Personal property $263 2014 Buick Encore

I'm in one of the highest prop tax counties in my state and it's right around $2600 for a 3bed/2bath home. I don't have kids but this county has some of the better schools in the metro so that is largely to explain for the (relatively) higher bill.

I know some people about 15 miles south in the next county and they pay around $54/year for property tax because the area is rural. They're on septic, well water, and the fire dept is volunteer only, though.

My house consists of 3 pieces of property, plus my SILs house, plus a small bungalow,plus 40 acres of raw land in Wilcox,Az. that my SIL owns.Total yearly bill - $4700. I wish I could get the 40 acres ($800) off of me. The bungalow is $200/yr, SILs house is $450/yr. Of the 3 pieces that make up my house,the shop is $250, the studio is $900 and the main house makes up the rest of it. I’ve been told I could save some $$ by combining the 3 pieces that make up my house but the shop is rated commercial which I’d loose if I combined. I’ll just stay like it is.

Meaningless thread because if you're low on the RE tax they always get you somewhere else. There's no such place as low tax, only low income.

Factor in average salaries and everyone gets dinged for the same. The nature of humans and their governments.

Originally Posted By: nickaluch
I pay $12000 a year in Nassau county NY. Ridiculous.

It sucks doesn't it? Especially with the size of the property and what you get for the money.

Our increases are limited to inflation as long as the property stays in your hands. I pay $2400 a year on a $190,000ish house located in a township versus the city limits. We have been here 32 years,If I sold the new owners would pay more.
The nearby city limits have much higher taxes because of older infrastructure and bigger government.

Originally Posted By: user52165
A meaningless thread without asking for/specifying the value of the home.

Agreed. More meaningful would be to ask what is the millage rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back