Fram PH6016 Filter C&P Allied Signal Vintage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a bunch of new old stock Fram PH6016 filters cheap on ebay for my motorcycle. Most of them are of the Allied Signal vintage. I wanted to cut one open before running them to make sure they were still ok. I was actually pleasantly surprised. The filter media was in good condition and not brittle, the anti-drain back valve was still very pliable and the plastic on the pressure relief valve was not brittle. The date code is A21431

2002 or 2012 vintage? What's the copyright date on the box? - should give a clue.

My Bad. The newest of the lot is Allied Signal. This one is Allied Automotive. No date on the box

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
My Bad. The newest of the lot is Allied Signal. This one is Allied Automotive. No date on the box

Should be a copyright date somewhere on the box. Strange if there's not one.

I am thinking 80s vintage. Allied merged and became Allied-Signal in September 1985. The box just says Allied Automotive. I have a newer but still old filter in a box marked Allied Signal. In 1999 They acquired Honeywell and took the Honeywell name.

I have an Allied Signal Fram PH3593A. The box is in rough shape but the filter is perfect. It says Allied Signal 1994 on the box

Last edited:
The newest box of the bunch and the only one that is under the Allied-Signal name is dated 1996. The older Allied Automotive boxes don't have dates

Originally Posted By: DerbyDave
I am thinking 80s vintage. Allied merged and became Allied-Signal in September 1985. The box just says Allied Automotive. I have a newer but still old filter in a box marked Allied Signal. In 1999 They acquired Honeywell and took the Honeywell name.

So the "2" date code must be for 1992.

1992 sounds about right based on the condition of the box it was in.

Fram was capable of making a decent filter back then. Yet they botched the PH16 and PH8A so badly it essentially gave birth to the orange can of death phenomenon.

Most of my engines specified PH8A or later PH16 size oil filters until I bought my current MY 2012 truck, which switched to metric thread PH2 size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back