Fram XG4967 (2 short OCI's = 13000 kms) Uneventful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have owned this car (01 echo) for a bit over one year now (good highway beater), currently at 228,000kms (142k miles). Unsure of the service history prior so did a couple short OCI's but she seems pretty clean. Ran this XG4967 for two OCI's first one just 5,000km (~3k miles) took it off and inspected it and used it again for another 8,100kms (~5k miles) total time in service was about 13 months.

Tried out this exhaust pipe cutter for the first time, harder than I thought it should be to get in there... Any damage to the can or end caps is from still having to force it out a bit.

Unsure when or if ever the PCV valve was done, threw a new one on. It hadn't used a drop of oil until the last 2k kms, then used quarter of a quart.

Also put a magnetic drain plug on for the second OCI, some particles, but nothing significant.

Oil used was mostly Mobil1 EP 5w30, with a bit of Castrol Edge 5w30. Small Sump, always have leftovers in the jugs.

Didn't exactly use any of the oils or filter to their full potential, but now that I know there are no issues I am hoping to start running 2 10,000km OCIs on one XG4967 (still well under the 32,000km allowance).

All looks good except maybe the old PCV valve, so good idea to change it. That amount of crud on the magnetic drain plugs looks about normal for a 5K mile run ... I've seen the same level in all my vehicles with a good magnetic drain plug. Good C&P - thanks.

Thats a cool drain plug you got, mind telling me where you bought it and how much you paid? I agree with ZeeOSix, good move on the PCV, its a cheap thing to replace and Im sure that Echo will give you a ton more kms with minimal expenditures.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Thats a cool drain plug you got, mind telling me where you bought it and how much you paid? I agree with ZeeOSix, good move on the PCV, its a cheap thing to replace and Im sure that Echo will give you a ton more kms with minimal expenditures.

It looks similar to this one as I have also researched these. Hopefully he replies and lets us know exactly where he got it and the price as well.
I am looking to purchase 2. One for my wife's 17 Impala and another for my 13 Ram hemi.
https://canadiandieselonline.ca/shop/sho...ASABEgK3DfD_BwE

There are reviews on amazon showing these magnets breaking off. May want to reconsider. FYI I've always used Gold Plug. No problems in 15 years.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: barkingspider
U sure did use all of that filter. Thanks for the C&P

Not really, only used for 8K miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back