PSB M4U 2 headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patman

Staff member
I have started listening to music at work again so I decided to upgrade my headphones from the $20 cheap ones I had. I made the mistake of buying the entry level Dr Dre Beats EP on ear headphones from Best Buy and within 15 minutes of listening, my ears were killing me, they were so uncomfortable! I guess they design these things to sit super tight on your head if you want to use them while exercising? So I will definitely be returning them for a refund this weekend!

But even before getting my money back, I knew I needed to get another set right away. After seeing that 2001 Audio/Video had some PSB headphones on clearance for $199 (original price was $399) I did some research and they got such glowing reviews that I just had to pull the trigger and I bought them today at lunch, even though $199 is probably more than I've spent TOTAL in my entire life on all of my headphones combined. But I was also confident that I was getting a quality product as I have had PSB speakers as part of my home sound system for over 10 years now and have always been thoroughly impressed with their sound and durability.

My only regret is that I didn't buy these headphones sooner! (they first came out about 5 years ago) They sound incredible! No matter what type of music I throw at them whether it's thrash metal like Anthrax, Megadeth and Metallica, or something completely the opposite like Enya, Lady Antebellum or even (gasp) Taylor Swift, these headphones reproduce that music perfectly! I like that they don't make the bass sound boomy like a lot of headphones these days tend to do, it's got nice tight bass that packs a real punch to it. It's kind of similar to when I was into car audio and one of the systems I built had four 10" subwoofers. That had a nice tight kick to it but without overpowering the vocals or the guitars.

IMO, Dr. Dre Beats has nothing to do with quality sound or has any "audiophile-like" aspirations. They're much more of a lifestyle product than an audio one...both in the wearing and the listening. I think you made a good choice with the PSBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back