Tire loses air then stops?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was putting my trailer away for the day and as I walked by it i could hear and see air bubbling out. I expected to have a flat in the morning, but it wasn't really flat. I added air to it, but a couple weeks later it hasn't lost much air. What gives?

Trailer tires pick up nails all the time and I have a 1 nail in a spot they won't repair it, so I'm afraid they will force me to buy a new Tire after they find the nail. Not sure if they can. They are like little brad nails that aren't obvious. That particular tire has atleast 2 nails in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes tires leak to a certain point then stop. Sometimes 10-15psi just isn't enough pressure to leak anymore. Depending on the hole and if the foreign object is still blocking the hole.

Years ago I had a fleet car (Chev. Cavalier) that would have a tire go flat at random times. We never found a leak so we would pump up the tire and check the air pressure daily. It never went down a pound until days later when it would again be flat. Out of other ideas, we inflated the tire without moving the car. The steel wheel had a weld that would leak air if the weld was on the bottom of the wheel when the car was parked.

A new wheel solved the problem.

If you are afraid that the nail is a place that they won't repair it, just put some of that "slime" or whatever they call it in it. It should easily fix a small leak.

Air bubbling out... of where?

Sometimes the beads get corrosion in there but if you air them up they magically fix themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back