06 RAV4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just purchased an 06 RAV4 4we limited really nice car. Trans fluid is a little ugly, I have a few gallons of maxlife ATF. Plan at least 2 drain and fills, then redline?

Originally Posted By: Billbert
Just purchased an 06 RAV4 4we limited really nice car. Trans fluid is a little ugly, I have a few gallons of maxlife ATF. Plan at least 2 drain and fills, then redline?

Stick with T-IV / WS whatever is speced, these old transmissions are not as finicky as the newer ones.

The Maxlife you have should be fine, if it is spec'd for WS. No need to buy something instead of using what you already have.

Pix? Miles?

You think your fluid is ugly.... mine made the Blackstone newsletter for ugliness 78,000 miles ago. Haven't touched it since. Gonna knock their socks off with the next sample I send them.

Good luck with the Ravy.

I also have a 06 Rav4. I flushed the ATF through the return line using about 15 qts or so of Maxlife and replaced the screen filter. The WS had been in there for about 105K+. Maxlife works fine. If you have the I4, don't forget to check oil levels until you get an idea of how much it burns. Decent little car otherwise though it breaks traction a bit too easily and often unexpectedly.

115000 on the clock.I will follow up in a few days with pics. This is loaded, heated leather seats and mirrors, split A/C, premium sound, sunroof etc. Calif car so no rust. It's immaculate!

Congrats on the new to you car. I would also use Maxlife atf. I don’t think u need to switch to redline after that, but this is America !!!

Don't put Toyota WS back in, it is a horrible semi synthetic ATF. My vote would be Redline or Amsoil Signature.I would use Maxlife for 1 week and dump to clean out the system.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back