Battery section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Originally Posted By: blupupher

But if there is a specific battery section, it would be easier to find answers.

Maybe throw in some electric theory as well, such as building cables from welding cable or hot rodding an alternator.

Those would be excellent stickys!

Originally Posted By: carlprop
This could be a forum dedicated not only to car batteries, but consumer electronics batteries like alkaline, lithium, and rechargeable types as well.

This!!!!
I have been moving over to EBL rechargeable batteries. So far so good.
I use Energizer Ultimate Lithium for by deepfreeze alarm.

There is alot of very useful info on what are the right batteries to use for each situation.
And why buy an expensive brand battery when Wal-Mart's everlast maxx has a fantastic warranty?
confused.gif

Originally Posted By: Iowegian
Originally Posted By: carlprop
This could be a forum dedicated not only to car batteries, but consumer electronics batteries like alkaline, lithium, and rechargeable types as well.

This!!!!
I have been moving over to EBL rechargeable batteries. So far so good.
I use Energizer Ultimate Lithium for by deepfreeze alarm.

There is alot of very useful info on what are the right batteries to use for each situation.
And why buy an expensive brand battery when Wal-Mart's everlast maxx has a fantastic warranty?
confused.gif

I will let Chris Farley make my argument for me....

I care more about quality. Does that mean buying from an auto parts store? Or paying more money? No.

Originally Posted By: maximus
There's one for cabin air filters...

No offense, but I didn't believe you about that at first and had to check. That's laughable !! A sub-forum dedicated to cabin air filters ?

You do realize the batteries sold at walmart, autozone, advance auto are all exactly the same product, right??

everstart maxx = duralast gold = autocraft gold. All made by JCI with difference stickers.

A battery is nothing more than a plastic case, with lead plates and electrolyte solution.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
IMO every battery question ever asked has been answered ad nauseum, but you get people who want their question answered.

Don't go in the 'oil' forum ! Every single day someone asks what oil to use, when to change it, etc .... and a debate ensues every time ! Do what the manufacturer says, change it when the oil-life-monitor says to, change it every 3000 miles, and so on.

All,

We have changed the name of "Automotive Lighting" to "Automotive Electrical" with a description: "Electrical Systems, Lighting, Batteries, Charging, Online Service Systems, etc"

We now have a place to for battery discussions.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back