2003 Audi A4 1.8T Gates Timing Belt kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to find a good timing belt/tensioner/pulley/water pump kit for my Audi A4 1.8T. I ordered a Gates kit then found out they don't use NTN brand tensioner pulley's anymore, they're made under their own brand (it's stamped with their Gates logo), and also made in China.

Has anyone had any experience with these? I talked to them on the phone and they said the quality is the same of course, but has anyone had any failures?

I'm not sure if it's worth returning and then buying each component piece by piece... I'm hoping the water pump is alright as well.

The Subaru guys have been teeved off since Gates made the change from NTN/Koyo to Chinese idlers/tensioners, supposedly there's a "premium" kit with OEM-grade tensioners and idlers.

Can't you get a Contitech(NOT the former Goodyear lineup) or INA kit?

Look no further than rmeuropean for German cars. They drop shop directly from SSF and are simply unbeatable for price, quality and speed.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Seriously, look no further.

$278.41. Don't mess around and just get the right parts.

x2. Much cheaper in the long run because it'll last longer.

That comes with a lot of goodies for the price btw.

Thanks all for the info, I didn't realize there was an updated tensioner that replaced the hydraulic adjuster/dampener. It seems only Blauparts or the dealer has these? I wonder why everyone else is still selling the old hydraulic version...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back