Brady is the GOAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
salesrep said:
Brady is the GOAT and its not even close!

Bleacher Report [/quote. No matter what happens in the AFC championship game or the Super Bowl this year, I totally agree! The Patriots have a great organization from top to bottom and it’s built around the GOAT QB! There, I said it!

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
The Patriots' system should get a lot of the credit-would Brady have been as good with the Browns? Or our hapless Bengals? I don't think so.

The whole team is what is important, but TB and BB is what has been the consistent factor here. The rest of the team has turned over a few times.

The Patriots' system should get a lot of the credit-would Brady have been as good with the Browns? Or our hapless Bengals? I don't think so.
. Bingo....
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: tig1

The whole team is what is important, but TB and BB is what has been the consistent factor here. The rest of the team has turned over a few times.

^ this.
as well, the "system" comes into play, getting 8 consecutive years at 12+ wins -- almost impossible to accomplish.
it's hard to not say brady is the goat. like him, or not. I'm no ne/brady fan -- you just 'gotta be honest.

now-- the group's automatic pool- bet is activated on a few topics, such as this, when we know one here will come on and challenge this, vigorously. haters 'gonna hate. come on, gr.... . we're waiting on 'ya. who will win this pool? the drama awaits ..................

I think it's a perfect storm type thing. Would Cam Newton or Johnny Manzel have had the same success in place of Brady? Eli Manning? Then ask the question, what if the organization had hired a different coach, would Brady have had the tools to be as successful as he has been?

I think you can call him the GOAT, but you have to understand that had 1 or 2 things been different, this team could have been the Raiders.

What if Vick hadn't fought dogs? Atlanta was on the rise with his in his prime... What if Peyton had stayed at Indy? What if Brady and Favre switched teams?

Last edited:
Brady is pretty much the bomb (and I'm not even much of a Pats fan), but any system that uses cumulative stats from postseason games is going to be skewed heavily towards the most recent players because the of the expansions of the playoff structure.

Somebody has to stand up for the Sid Luckmans of the world!

Originally Posted By: gman2304
salesrep said:

Bleacher Report [/quote. No matter what happens in the AFC championship game or the Super Bowl this year, I totally agree! The Patriots have a great organization from top to bottom and it’s built around the GOAT QB! There, I said it!

How many goats have won more SB's

Do you ever wonder what kind of dirty tricks the Pat's are up to right now? It appears that they leave nothing to chance or speculation. Since the expectations and rewards are so high they have been known to take a few shortcuts now and then. If they're caught its called cheating. If they're not caught its called good preparation and coaching.

Brady is a better quarterback because he spends less time eating grass and looking out from the earhole in his helmet. That alone makes the job much more manageable. He's got a good gig going. The big men do all the heavy lifting and get knocked around every down no matter what, others do all the running while he waits for the whistle and he gets the biggest paycheck. What's not to like about that.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: gman2304
salesrep said:

How many goats have won more SB's
I think a case could be made for Otto Graham, winningest QB of the Browns pre-Super Bowl era, 7 NFL Championships. But, it was a different time, fewer teams, less athletic players, etc., and he was a product of the great Paul Brown system. I'll just say that Brady has gotten more out of his talent & ability than any other modern QB. He was only a 5th round draft choice, ALL NFL teams passed on him multiple times, incl. the Patriots. I don't really have an argument against Brady as GOAT-dude's an ASSASSIN.

I think these GOAT threads are just a sports variation of the thick/thin debate. IMO, any moniker of GOAT assumes that Brady or whomever could operate the same way in a different system of x era...and I don't think that's a valid argument. Sammy Baugh is in there somewhere but I never put modern context onto old systems or vice versa as I don't think they're directly comparable. That's taking GOAT literally versus the B.S. social media/sports talk radio definition...and people hate that...

However, I'd agree with the idea that Brady has gotten the most out of his talent of any QB in the modern era.

Most of Brady's success is owed to his coach who puts a winning cast around him every year. There are better QBs. Rodgers is better, Breez is just as good, Manning was at least as good, Montana was better, Marino was better, Unites was better. Do you think Brady could've made the throw Rodgers made that basically won GB the game against Dallas last year? Brady couldn't have made that throw in his prime. Brady has never had a strong arm, has never been a good scrambler, and basically doesn't possess any of the skill sets of any of the QBs I named. He has so many SB rings because his team has been so good. If Rodgers had been playing in place of Brady, NE probably would have won every SB they've been in, and a few more...IMO Brady is a great QB, but not the GOAT, who plays for the 2nd best HC in history (behind Lombardi), who coaches the team that's been a SB caliber team almost the entire time Bilichick's been there, but GB still has the most titles (13) which still makes them the greatest team of all time...

Brady is a result of Bob Kraft and Belichick not letting ego get in the way. Brady was a backup for Bledsoe when Drew got clobbered early on. By this time Bledsoe was pretty much done, due to poor protection. Brady was young and quick and eager. He took suggestion really well and didn't let his ego get in the way. Belichick is totally focused on the game ahead of him and using his varying resources to the best advantage. Demonstrates what cooperation will get you. Brady is well paid, I'm sure. but pretty much agreed to play whatever. In the long run ...

If any of us schmucks owned an NFL team we'd all want Brady as QB.

He's taken less of a salary to stay in NE, helps that his wife brings a good chunk of change in herself. Given free agency and amount of turn over in NE, you have to give.tjem credit. If they wouldn't have lost those two super bowls to the NYG, what would be saying? In those two losses they will still close games. Who else has even come close?

Originally Posted By: JC1
If any of us schmucks owned an NFL team we'd all want Brady as QB.

He's taken less of a salary to stay in NE, helps that his wife brings a good chunk of change in herself. Given free agency and amount of turn over in NE, you have to give.tjem credit. If they wouldn't have lost those two super bowls to the NYG, what would be saying? In those two losses they will still close games. Who else has even come close?

Poking around online suggests that Brady is worth about half of what Gisele is, but I'm sure both figures are guesses.
I used to work with a guy who had very well connected cousins and they would invite him to enjoy their luxury box at Fenway now and again. They'd usually take him for a late lunch on Newbury St before the game and he once saw Gisele at a restaurant with her entourage...this guy claimed that Bundchen was the LEAST attractive woman in the group, at least to his eyes.
I don't really get her as a model, but she is obviously one heck of a businesswoman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back