2018 Ford Mustang Bullitt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullitt is hot. Now that there's an independent rear axle, very nice!

Daily reliable, 480 horses, for half the money of the "original". We are living in the golden times.

Is Bullitt the movie where the 2 spooks in the old car chase Steve during most of it? I know I've seen it at least once but I'm mentally mixing it up with the original Gone in 60 Seconds in places.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Is Bullitt the movie where the 2 spooks in the old car chase Steve during most of it? I know I've seen it at least once but I'm mentally mixing it up with the original Gone in 60 Seconds in places.

Wasn't that "old car" a Dodge Charger?

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

Bullitt was filmed in San Francisco. The car chase is well remembered for the hills and the cars bottoming out after launching. Much better than any of the F&F stuff. It was very realistic as there were no computer gimmicks at that time. Steve McQueen did part of the driving but there were expert drivers for certain parts.

Such a nice looking version. The new gen Stang is IMO the best looking one ever. Affordable, too.

But in my area there are two on every corner, they are way too common for my taste.

I just recently sold my 08 Bullitt. Regretted it almost immediately. I like quite a bit about the new one. Depending on price and availability I may check it out. The only thing I'm not convinced of is the front grille area. It should be more rectangular like the 08 and the original.

Have never actually watched the whole movie, but have checked out parts of the chase on YouTube. I just watched a bit of it and it looks like McQueen is the one doing the chasing, at least in that part.
I have always been partial to the car vs. train chase in "The French Connection", and the look on the French assassin's face at the end is just priceless (not saying too much in case somebody hasn't seen it yet). That movie is very dated, but I think it has some really compelling performances that are still enjoyable. I'm not sure what it is, some movies like "The Godfather" are timeless to me and others like TFC just seem old even when the settings are basically the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back