Interstate becoming exclusive AAP battery supplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reading material.

How much of a change is this? I was under the impression JCI was the manufacturer of batteries sold at AAP already - maybe minus some obscure applications. Does it mean the AAP house brand is being phased out and batteries sold at AAP will bear the Interstate name & logo going forward?

I bought my first Interstate battery at a rural independently owned CQ right at 20 years ago.

Yeah heard about this just awhile ago. Really just a sticker change on the batteries more than anything else. I highly doubt that the Interstate batteries are made any differently than the ones made for AAP or AZ. Not that means anything bad or negative. These batteries should be good to go for anyone needing a battery from AAP.

JCI like most manufacturers is able to manufacture several grades of batteries. I would assume Interstate is near the top. Hopefully one will be able to get good deals on Interstate batteries there.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
FYI - Interesting

s3997niqdehi1cy0.png

Wonder if this means we'll see batteries with both the Interstate label plus a Made in Saudi Arabia or Made in Korea sticker as well, or whether switching to batteries with Interstate brand labels will mean all Made in USA for batteries sold at AAP?

Costco used to sell Interstate made batteries under their Kirkland label. They now have a deal to sell Interstate branded batteries at a lower cost but Costco handles all warranty claims and returns. Wonder if AAP deal is similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back