16x7 wheels that use 5 lug nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

I have looked everywhere online,and have had no luck finding any factual answers. I'm sure there is a website that is online that will offer a list of trucks that came with a 16x7 wheel using 5 lug nuts only. I do know that my 2000 F150 does,but I'm curious if there are any other truck that do?

That might be a good question for a wheel dealer. My old 02 F150 had that size wheel which is why I clicked on this thread.

To be honest I don't know the actual lug pattern,and really what you mean by that. I ask all this because I'm selling my oem wheels,and putting custom wheels on my truck. I have them listed for sale on both craigslist and ebay right now.I thought by knowing this additional info I could market to those other vehicle owners as well,instead of just the F150 owners.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
Which 5-lug pattern? I've got Dodges with 5 on 4.5" and 5.5". The 5x4.5"-pattern Dodge is wearing 16x7" wheels from a Ranger/Explorer 4x4.

It is not enough to say they are five lug wheels. You also have to match the bolt circle, which is the diameter of an imaginary circle that goes through the center of all the bolt holes.

The offset is the horizontal distance from the hub flange to the center of the tire. This can be important so the tires don't rub on the inside of the fender when making turns.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lawnguy
I have looked everywhere online,and have had no luck finding any factual answers. I'm sure there is a website that is online that will offer a list of trucks that came with a 16x7 wheel using 5 lug nuts only. I do know that my 2000 F150 does,but I'm curious if there are any other truck that do?

How about you list where the wheels came from and let the buyer decide if they will fit. By and large, Ford's fit Ford's and Chevy's fit Chevy's and there is very little interchangeability between brands.

Last edited:
Those wheels will not fit anything but Ford trucks, and they are the only ones that use the 5 x 135mm bolt pattern, and they are hub-centric.

5 on 4.5"
5 on 4.75"
5 on 5"
5 on 5.5"
5 on 135mm

are all COMMON lug patterns for 5 lug wheels on many trucks.

Interchangeability just is not as easy as you think it might be

If I remember correctly my 94 t-bird had a 5 on 4.25 pattern shared with the same vintage taurus/windstar and of course the cougars and mark VIII . Made aftermarket wheels difficult to find.
Ford seems to love to complicate things. 8x170mm?? Couldnt just stick with 8x6.5?? Lets not bring up the 7 lug F250. Their 6 lug pattern isnt compatible with the gm
Come to think of it, our old matrix had a 5x100mm pattern.
The 300, charger, magnum and challenge use a 5x115mm which is close but not compatible with the 114.mm/4.5".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back