See the Bullitt? See the original Bullitt chase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch the Charger go flying off behind the explosion, I remember reading that didn't go quite as planned. The shifting sound effects are a little off... but none of it matters. Absolute classic.

I've got the movie on DVD and I've seen "the chase" many times.
Somewhere on the internet, many years ago, I read that the Mustang(s) in the movie had to have the suspension heavily modified to stay together.
The added sound effects seem a little cheesy at times, especially all the gear shifting.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Count the number of times they pass the same green VW bug.
Count the number of hubcaps flying off the Charger.

Ha-Ha 1968 Bullitt....the car is green and Steve McQueen's turtleneck is blue.

In the 2013 version....the car is blue and the driver's turtleneck is green.

Very clever.

I watched a movie called "Wheelman" on Netflix a while ago, it was about a getaway driver going through a really rough night.
It was very interesting to me that the whole movie or close to it was shot from the interior of his car, but still managed to be very engaging and tell a complete story. I sort of picked it at random and ended up staying up late to finish it because it really grabbed me.

Absolute classic of a movie scene (or series of).

My friend had an '01. Never drove it. Sold it in '11 with less than 5000 miles. Dork.

Notice that the charger has a posi and the mustang is a peg leg
lol.gif

And the horrendous wheelhop when Steve did the smoky reverse burnout. There were 2 Bullitt cars, one found in Mexico and the other recently brought to light. Wonder if they both had the [censored] beat out of them in the movie?

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Fantastic chase but it hasn't aged well. That Charger takes corners like the USS Nimitz.

The current Chargers don't turn much better. Chargers and Challengers are pretty much straight line muscle cars.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
There were 2 Bullitt cars, one found in Mexico and the other recently brought to light. Wonder if they both had the [censored] beat out of them in the movie?

I think both were thrashed, and still are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back