Hyundai Enviro-Guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know what this package might actually consist of? For $1600 the least they could do is provide a small pamphlet on what I'm actually paying for.

Last edited:
hopefully not just one more shady thing by the Taylor auto group...

they have a Kia Dealership here, and i've heard/read FAR to many stories of shady practices,massive bait and switch, etc.

from what i've heard of them, they are part of the reason car dealers have "that" reputation, and I would never give them any of my money..

Originally Posted By: earlyre
hopefully not just one more shady thing by the Taylor auto group...

they have a Kia Dealership here, and i've heard/read FAR to many stories of shady practices,massive bait and switch, etc.

from what i've heard of them, they are part of the reason car dealers have "that" reputation, and I would never give them any of my money..

I am shocked to hear that! I've purchased two new cars from them in the last year and each time they've been great to do business with. The only thing I don't like is that both times they would rather die than tell me what they're actually giving me for my trade in. I had to yank it out of them both times. I'm not sure why they were like that, both times I was pleased with what they were giving me. Other than that, 5 star service. And if you google their dealership they have a 4.7/5 with over 500 reviews and I'm not surprised by that at all. If I'm not mistaken I read something in their dealership that said they're the #1 ranked Hyundai dealership in the US. They have a map of where customers have come from to purchase from them and people had come from as far as California. Maybe because it's a Kia dealership it's not managed the same or something?

Last edited:
RESISTALL ENVIROGUARD

ResistAll EnviroGuard was specifically designed to meet the new requirements for water-based automotive sealants. Like all ResistAll products, EnviroGuard provides high-performance protection and also meets strict environmental standards.

ResistAll EnviroGuard interior protection creates a barrier against stains, and protects against premature aging. The exterior protection, similar to the other ResistAll products, protects against weather-induced fading and loss of gloss, as well as damage from acid rain, bird droppings and tree sap, as well as other environmental damage.*

*See your participating dealer for full warranty coverage details and benefits.
http://www.ctpc.com/products/resistall-ng/

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Looks to be a paint protection and interior protection package.

https://www.searsimports.com/finance/enviroguard-vehicle-protection-package/

Did they offer this to you or was it a add on? The exterior part is likely a sealant. Interior pretty much the same.

I won’t say anymore.

It had already been done to the car when I purchased it. Had it not been, I wouldn't have had it done. Sure, they make it sound good but I wonder how well it actually works.

EDIT: What is American Theft Protection?

Good question! They never told me anything about that either.

Sounds like TruCoat 1000.
smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LLB9CGfLs

Originally Posted By: Throt

probably a sticker on the windows

my guess would be it's one or both of these products from the "theft protection" tab at the link i gave earlier:

ATP® Window Etch System

The ATP ® (Automotive Theft Protection) Window Etch System has proven to be one of the most effective theft deterrent products available. A unique identifier is permanently etched into the exterior glass on several windows of the vehicle, which deters theft and, if the vehicle is stolen, makes recovery easier. ATP Window Etch cannot be removed and will not wear off.

ShadowMark® Vehicle Body Labeling System

ShadowMark ® is a highly effective theft deterrent that is also easy to apply. Technicians mark a unique identifier on hidden areas of the vehicle body. When a UV light shines on the area, the identifier will fluoresce, allowing law enforcement officers or recovery teams to quickly, easily identify the vehicle.

my guess would be it's one or both of these products from the "theft protection" tab at the link i gave earlier:

ATP® Window Etch System

The ATP ® (Automotive Theft Protection) Window Etch System has proven to be one of the most effective theft deterrent products available. A unique identifier is permanently etched into the exterior glass on several windows of the vehicle, which deters theft and, if the vehicle is stolen, makes recovery easier. ATP Window Etch cannot be removed and will not wear off.

ShadowMark ® is a highly effective theft deterrent that is also easy to apply. Technicians mark a unique identifier on hidden areas of the vehicle body. When a UV light shines on the area, the identifier will fluoresce, allowing law enforcement officers or recovery teams to quickly, easily identify the vehicle.

The meaning of deterrent is to prevent the theft in the first place. I just hate this kind of scam advertising. It won’t do any good if your car gets stolen. Most local law enforcement don’t even try to recover stolen vehicles unless it’s obvious who or where it is.

I said I wasn’t going to say anything more but this kind of bull pile just burns my butte.

ATP® Window Etch System

Many police department/state police offer VIN etching for free! FYI What people don't realize is that windows can easily be replaced. But, I like to make it hard for the dirtbags.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
That is a very generous tip you gave your dealership, sir.

Indeed. That may explain the good service he is getting.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: MONKEYMAN
Originally Posted By: PeterPolyol
That is a very generous tip you gave your dealership, sir.

Indeed. That may explain the good service he is getting.
smile.gif

+1

lol.gif

$10 Window etching
$10 Can of Scotch Guard applied to interior
$30 to have someone apply a coat of wax on purchase

A $1000+ piece of near worthless paper penned by a good group of lawyers who word very well to weasel out of claims. Also a claims department in some boiler room with serious of lies why coverage does not apply or great at wearing you out when a claim happens.

Sorry you got duped into likely $150 product at best.

There is nothing Hyundai about this product, they'd never do this to a customer as they have a reputation to hold up.

Does anyone remember "Poliglycoat" treatment. I had a part time job putting it on new cars, cost per car was 2.75....sticker was $700+.

YMMV

Smoky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back