what cleaning agents for this machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
just as important is your technique. using adequate liquid to flush the stains out wuthout overwetting is a huge part. A brush is also often needed for real stains. Also doing a second pass with water only as a rinse can pull out as much dirt as if you did it with cleaner.

Last edited:
Use a low-foaming cleaner for extraction machines, I haven't tried the Zep stuff but be careful on dosage and wetting. Too much carpet cleaner to water can dry to a sticky mess that will make matters worse. Some people use Folex to great success.

Both the Folex and Zep carpet cleaner are very low foaming. I couldn't really tell much of a difference between the two of them as far as cleaning power. Except that I used more product with the Folex cleaner and it's much more expensive on a per ounce basis. So I'd use the Folex for spots and not as a carpet cleaner. Also with Folex after spraying the spot it says to work the product in with your fingers. Also the Zep contains a stain blocker so I think it's good to follow the directions, dilute it down then extract it with hot water.

I rented the Bissel Big Green at Lowes. It's hard to over-wet anything since the vacuum is always running when you turn the machine on.

Originally Posted By: WhyMe
friend gave me this cleaner. probably use it for interiors and floor mats . So what kind of cleaning agents should i use in it to do seats and floormats ?

http://minutemanintl.com/ourproducts/carpet-care/gotcha/

That would be a great little machine to own.
cheers3.gif

Just thinking ahead to when I retire in just over a year and wanting to maybe get back into car detailing/cleaning, this machine would come in very handy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back