hand/skin lotion you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi BITOGers,

after working heavily, with various liquids/dirtying things, washing like 200 times a day, what do you use to prevent reptile skin/cracked/ouch hands?

At my work I see:
-baby lotion
-vaseline men's (I use this one)
-o'keefe working hands

Nothing works too well. Why would they want it too
smile.gif

Clean hands with peroxide, then follow with mild acid wash (dilute vinegar).

Apply beeswax/olive oil/Vitamin E homemade mixture to hands before sleep.

Apply as necessary during the day.

I tend to change lotions often. Right now it's Gold Bond Ultimate Softening, but my hands don't get such heavy beating as yours.

From another thread on here recently I tried O’Keefes. Excellent product. I use their foot cream but I’m sure their hand lotion is equally as good.

If you can get some of those cotton gloves and slather your hands with Vaseline and then cover them up before bed, your hands will be baby soft.

This tends to limit what you can do once in bed but if you get severe cracking around the knuckles then this is a really effective way.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
From another thread on here recently I tried O’Keefes. Excellent product. I use their foot cream but I’m sure their hand lotion is equally as good.

I like their foot cream. I tried their hand cream, but did not care for it much. It leaves a greasy feeling on my hands, which I don't like. It's probably effective, though.

Corn Huskers Lotion and not because I live in Nebraska. Used it many years. Like it because it dries completely and doesn't leave a greasy feeling. Easy to find.

The exact reasons I use it. However, can be tough to find.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Corn Huskers Lotion and not because I live in Nebraska. Used it many years. Like it because it dries completely and doesn't leave a greasy feeling. Easy to find.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
If you can get some of those cotton gloves and slather your hands with Vaseline and then cover them up before bed, your hands will be baby soft...

I think i still have some leftovers from the time my kids where little.
I primarily use it for my heels. (and my toothbrush o-ring at battery change time)

I go back and forth between the O'Keeffe's working hands, and store brand "after sun" lotion. the beige creamy kind, not the blue aloe stuff.
I buy a bottle with a pump, maybe 20-25 oz, lasts me about 2 years.( of course the o'keefe's does too)

Gold Bond Ultimate Diabetics.

I'm not diabetic, but my mom is. Borrowed some while at my parents and immediately picked up a bottle for myself. Apply every night before bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back