I knew it, I just knew it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've apparently been working with the Tholians all these years... Maybe a hoax but purports to be an overhead photo of the P&W plant in sourth Florida. Wish I could have found a better pic of a Tholian ship. Infrared detectors were thrown off by intense heat...

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-n...ideo-top-secret

Hypersonic-us-air-force-673036.jpg

The-Tholian-Web.jpg

Poor guy was just preparing for the Star Wars/Star Trek parade....

So much for secrecy these days....

P.S. Neighbor had the Star Wars Christmas characters on display.....
+1 for originality

'Scuse me I thought this was in humor. Old school trekkies, who da thought they'd be BITOGers. Why would a space vehicle need to be aerodynamic? Looks like a lawn dart
grin2.gif

LOL You guys are as crazy as me. No, it was a real "news" story and P&W's engine test facility is right there. Appears to have a centrally mounted engine so it's at least nominally endoatmospheric. The shape might be required for the heat generated by the mach 8 numbers than get kicked around. And those Tholians, they know their heat donchaknow...

Cheers

Larry

Originally Posted By: DeepFriar
Maybe a hoax but purports to be an overhead photo of the P&W plant in sourth Florida.

I live just a few miles (5.7 miles East) from that area, and own an airplane. The airspace above Gwinn is Class D airspace, controlled only to 2500 feet. So I can easily fly over it and look if you'd like!

Edit: I just watched the video. That's the stealth test site. There are powerful radar units aiming down the road (it's not a runway) and a pedestal at the end to which they affix various shaped targets. You can see another shaped craft in the video.

Maybe this will help: 26°55'38.01" N 80°20'39.87" W (put coordinates into Google Earth)

Last edited:
Thanks, Cujet. I used to coordinates and looked on Google. There is another, smaller, diamond shaped space ship north of the building.

The image reportedly came odd a recent google Earth update. This might be a little messaging to the Chinese. I'll see your hypersonic carrier killer and raise you a hypersonic glide vehicle for command bunker suppression. Your move.

Originally Posted By: andyd
'Scuse me I thought this was in humor. Old school trekkies, who da thought they'd be BITOGers. Why would a space vehicle need to be aerodynamic? Looks like a lawn dart
grin2.gif

Well, according to E.E.Smith in the Lensman books: A "Bergenholm" eliminates inertia, so a spaceships speed is limited by the friction of the ship against the very little matter present in interstellar space. Thus the "teardrop" shape of the fastest Lensman ships.

Originally Posted By: redbone3
Originally Posted By: andyd
grin2.gif

Well, according to E.E.Smith in the Lensman books: A "Bergenholm" eliminates inertia, so a spaceships speed is limited by the friction of the ship against the very little matter present in interstellar space. Thus the "teardrop" shape of the fastest Lensman ships.

I thought the navigational shields took care of all that.

Ahh yes Tholians.They would be slightly more comfy in Florida or Arizone,Nevada,Death Valley than in most of the U.S..They would probably still have to wear their version of cold weather gear.The Tholian Web was one of my favorite episodes.
And years ago when I played SFB Tholians were an annoying pain esp if the scenario had them with a prepared defensive position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back