Best source for TG/FPP/XG/FPS Fram filters in bulk

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title suggests, does anyone have a good source for the Fram Pro Plus (TG) or Fram Pro Synthetic (XG) in bulk?

The FPS3614 is easily obtainable on eBay for a great deal in a 6 pack. But in other sizes I can't find it or the FPP, say for example a 7317 size filter. I'd like to stock up on 6 or so 7313's in a TG or XG or the pro counterparts since I seem to be servicing more cars that take this filter lately, but I can't seem to find anything cheaper than I can buy them locally on base.

So BITOG faithful, where can a guy get a good deal on some FPP / TG7317 or FPS / XG7317?

yes, I have noticed that - some of the filters I need (8's and 6607's) are readily available for a good price yet the 7317's are not. the best I just found was XG7317's in a 12 pack for 7.30 each. eiter snag that deal or send the seller an email (there are two common sellers who might be able to help)

I had good luck a few times buying them in lots of 6 from eBay, the offerings vary. Great pricing, and if any are damaged they replace them quickly w/o hassle.

I wish we could get Jay to set up some sort of group buy or something on FPS because sure grip is about the only thing that keeps the Ultra from being perfect...

Sometimes the filter does get stuck in the cup wrench with the coating on there. Because of that, I would use the FPS and save a little in the process.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I wish we could get Jay to set up some sort of group buy or something on FPS because sure grip is about the only thing that keeps the Ultra from being perfect...

Why don't you like the grip?
smile.gif

I've used Ebay and Helmart for purchases for Fu. I understand your ebay issue. How about Amazon/Jegs/Jet.com/Sears/RockAuto? Not sure of stores that carry Fram. But, Motorking may be able to help. Have you tried Google for your application? I also buy six at a time. I'm good for a few years.

Good hunting!

Respectfully,

Pajero

WOW! Ebay wants $46.50 for six? I see what you mean. That is ludicrous, but it may be a large filter and less popular. i don't know. Several years ago, I purchased a few FU for a 2003 Ford pickup truck. The prices were approximately $8.00 more than my XG9688 @ Wallyworld. Ford is rather popular, not sure about his exact model. Jay (MotorKing/Fram Supervisor) may be able to answer your questions. just send him a PM. There is a plethora information on BITOG. But, your'e a season veteran, so you understand.

Well, good luck on the hunt.

Yeah it's strange, it's a popular filter fitting the 20x1.5mm thread and used on Nissan and Hondas, yet I can get a FPS3614 all day for $36 for six shipped to the door which prices them at my pricing for a Tough Guard locally. I can buy the XG7317 locally for $7.50 with no sales tax, so about 25 cents cheaper each with no shipping and pic one up the day before I need it. I figured that if anyone had a secret connection for these that it'd be here. No such luck I suppose. I guess I'll just keep buying them at the Navy Base gas station.

If you don't mind them being a little smaller, eBay does have 6 FPS6607 filters for $34.98, or even 12 for $54. Depends on OCI length, engine cleanliness, etc. Otherwise, Rock Auto with a discount code seems to be the only one close to your Navy (AAFES?) price. I know the local quick lubes would have no issue using the smaller one!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back