Redline complete fuel system cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR1

Is it a fact that Redline complete fuel system cleaner is the best out of all the others on the market?

This is a good product and has a solid proportion of PEA.
I've used it and thought it worked.
Best on the market?
Maybe and maybe not.

Been about 5 years or more but there was a debate about this awhile back I think 3M Max Strength Fuel Cleaner had the 'most' good stuff in it PEA etc. Redline was close behind.

Amazon customers don't give 3M Max the best ratings. Interesting!

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Been about 5 years or more but there was a debate about this awhile back I think 3M Max Strength Fuel Cleaner had the 'most' good stuff in it PEA etc. Redline was close behind.

Not sure if they changed their formula or not. I remember a few years ago (maybe longer) that the bottle would have little increments to pour in like 1/10th at a time as maintenance doses and that's all you needed. Now it no longer has that and I wonder if they made it weaker to where now you need the whole bottle to do any cleaning.

I use Red Line gas treatment. My 84 Honda with a slightly complicated 3 barrel carb likes it. Owned the car since new and have not replaced any parts inside the carb yet. Replaced the mechanical fuel pump once in about 2013 because I came across a NOS pump for cheap. The old one is now a spare. I blew out the hard fuel line about 10 years ago but it was clear. There is a filter at the fuel tank and I've added one between the engine mounted mechanical pump and the carb. It's one of those filters with a glass body and replaceable elements. I like the idea of being able to see the gasoline.

I follow the instructions plus a full bottle about once a year if I remember. There may be other products that work as well but I'm happy with what I'm doing. I think the important thing is to pick one that uses PEA and be consistent. Keeping the system clean is better than trying to fix it later.

I run only Gumout All in One or Redline Si1. Love their oils but their fuel cleaner maybe a bit more. Treats 100 gallons and does well on small maintenance dosage fills.

BG44K in my opinion is the best out there. Supposed to have the most PEA and is supposed to be industrial/commercial strength.

I forgot all about BG!

Originally Posted By: deven
BG44K in my opinion is the best out there. Supposed to have the most PEA and is supposed to be industrial/commercial strength.

also vote for si1. even if your system is clean the ucl also smooths out some of my cars when running discount fuel.

To be honest though biggest difference was with a lawnmower that was lowpowered sputtering and put off snoke and sometimes needed draining the carb to start if left for a week. redline treated fuel removed those issues.

As far as the marks and new labels i think they did away because of accuracy in the printing label and ability to get the last residue out of the bottle when pouring directly into the tank.
Its not possible to stop a pour directly in thr tank and pull out halfway without spilling.
Its not possible to get the last 10th of the bottle to pour out smoothly, theres always about 10ml left.
So they removed that instruction so noobs wouldn't make a mess.

What I do is save up to 3 old redline bottle and split the new bottle in 4 doses. Then run every other or every 3rd fillup. the 10ml or so that doesnt pour out makes it to the next usage.

Last edited:
It's a great cleaner as long as the formula hasn't changed. A couple of years ago, I had a great experience with Lubegard fuel cleaner and that's one of my top choices as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back